Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Making Auto-xing a family sport, I now need a car trailer
914forme
post Sep 27 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

Well I have been talking for some time how to get my family more involded in something I enjoy. Standing off to the side and cheering just does not cut it. My son is now 10, my daughter is 13. So I have been looking for a Kart. Well today I finally found one, it will have to be tweaked a little to fit into the scca jr. Kart rules for Solo, but I can make it work the price was right.

For $350, I got a complete cart, minus engine. It is a CRG Kali comes with a couple sets of slicks, has an adjustable seat for kids, it was orginally an 80cc shifter. So I have to do a little modifing to make it work under the rules. But a CRG Kart is top of the line. Well worth the effort.

Maybe my kids will be better drivers, learn how to handle a car etc.... Now all I have to do is get my wife to co-drive the 914 with me, and we are set. Let grandpa, be the kids pit crew.

I pick it up this weekend pictures to follow.

So now I figure I need a small single axle trailer to haul the 914, and tires, and toss the cart in the bed of the truck. Or maybe a little longer single axle and the car, and kart can just stay on it. All in all it becomes a family sport, and we all get to spend more time togther (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
914forme   Making Auto-xing a family sport   Sep 27 2006, 02:51 PM
Brad Roberts   Damn. Your a good dad :clap: I have been out a...   Sep 27 2006, 04:04 PM
URY914   Get one of these and you can take everybody and ev...   Sep 27 2006, 04:22 PM
914forme   Thank you Brad for the kind words. That truck is ...   Sep 28 2006, 06:31 AM
jhadler  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 02:41 AM