Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Big Bore Kit 2.0L, So what's the skinny?
highways
post Sep 28 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,296

Hey everybody. I've got a 73' 2.OL. Want to get your opinions on the big bore kits, what's involved, results, does the fuel injection (d-jetronic) have to be modified or is a big bore plug and play? Additional expenses?

Here's my engine situation- hasn't ran in 6 years. Ran great when it was far from jack stands. 70,000 miles regularly serviced. Never ever overheated. Proto31 claims it smoked a bit indicating worn rings. Not sure if it was severe enough to warrant pulling it all apart yet. Recently I did get the engine to fire up for about 8 seconds with starting fluid until broken gas line started making big mess in alley. It did sound awsome, steady, consistant and everything it's supposed to for those 8 seconds. Sorta makes me think if it's not broke don't fix it. On the other hand it did sit for 6 years. Don't wanna trash it either by not treating it right before I get it going again.

What do you recommend? I'm on a budget doing a full resto and the goal is to get the car running again as stoke, maybe with a little extra juice.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
highways   Big Bore Kit 2.0L   Sep 28 2006, 07:34 PM
rdauenhauer   Get it runin and drive it. A stock 2.0 is a decen...   Sep 28 2006, 07:38 PM
shaggy   big bore is 96mm all you really need to do is tak...   Sep 28 2006, 07:49 PM
jd74914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:24 PM