Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big Bore Kit 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
highways
Hey everybody. I've got a 73' 2.OL. Want to get your opinions on the big bore kits, what's involved, results, does the fuel injection (d-jetronic) have to be modified or is a big bore plug and play? Additional expenses?

Here's my engine situation- hasn't ran in 6 years. Ran great when it was far from jack stands. 70,000 miles regularly serviced. Never ever overheated. Proto31 claims it smoked a bit indicating worn rings. Not sure if it was severe enough to warrant pulling it all apart yet. Recently I did get the engine to fire up for about 8 seconds with starting fluid until broken gas line started making big mess in alley. It did sound awsome, steady, consistant and everything it's supposed to for those 8 seconds. Sorta makes me think if it's not broke don't fix it. On the other hand it did sit for 6 years. Don't wanna trash it either by not treating it right before I get it going again.

What do you recommend? I'm on a budget doing a full resto and the goal is to get the car running again as stoke, maybe with a little extra juice.
914werke
Get it runin and drive it. A stock 2.0 is a decent car.
If it aint broke.....
shaggy
big bore is 96mm

all you really need to do is take your stock 94's bore them out by 2mm

then find pistons like keith blacks on jake's site that go for $250

a big bored 2.0L is a 2056 and is the limit of stock d-jet

im thinking of doing this on my 2.0 rebuild thats nearing completion
i just need help convincing my dad its worth is.
if any one has any ideas please help
he is (flatvw)

hope that helps
-shaggy
jd74914
QUOTE(shaggy @ Sep 28 2006, 09:49 PM) *

big bore is 96mm

all you really need to do is take your stock 94's bore them out by 2mm

then find pistons like keith blacks on jake's site that go for $250

a big bored 2.0L is a 2056 and is the limit of stock d-jet

im thinking of doing this on my 2.0 rebuild thats nearing completion
i just need help convincing my dad its worth is.
if any one has any ideas please help
he is (flatvw)

hope that helps
-shaggy

I hope that works out for you . . . it didn't for me. smile.gif

My dad told me that I needed to rebuild a stock motor first, and that I could build something crazy later after proving that I wouldn't blow it up because of build problems.

It kinda made sense to me . . . If I had needed new P/c's for some reason it would have been a different story.

Good luck in that endeavor.
Jake Raby
Listen to the last 3 radio shows, two of them go over exactly what you need to hear!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.