Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tach question
HCRDAN
post Sep 30 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,907
Region Association: None

Any idea what the problem(s) might be here?

73 914 2.0L, not driven much by prior owner. Tach works intermitently. May work well for a while, then the needle gets stuck somewhere. Last time it was around 3K RPM, today at 2.2K. Then sometime in the future, it will start to work again.

Second problem is the turn signal indicators in the tach. Sometimes they both flash, sometimes neither flash, when I put on turn signals. Signals on the outside work just fine.

When I put on emergency flasher, all lights blink as they should on the outside, but nothing blinks on the indicator lights in the dash.

Any ideas? Are these related or separate problems?

Thanks

DG
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
HCRDAN   Tach question   Sep 30 2006, 04:47 PM
Tobra   perhaps dirty contacts on the signal indicator bul...   Sep 30 2006, 05:38 PM
HCRDAN   Thanks for the feedback. I pulled the tach today....   Oct 1 2006, 05:39 PM
ClayPerrine   The turn signal bulbs will both flash if you have ...   Oct 1 2006, 05:45 PM
jk76.914   If a left bulb is burned out, then both indicators...   Oct 1 2006, 06:05 PM
jim_hoyland   Jim, Would you post a link to your previous thread...   Oct 1 2006, 07:39 PM
jk76.914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:15 AM