Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> GT Headlights Kits, Gauging interest in group Buy
nein14
post Oct 3 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 262

Gauging interest in a Group buy for a GT Mechanical headlight Kit , it would be fabricated from Original GT parts. As soon as I have an idea on how many are interested the vendor can come up wiyh a cost, thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
18 Pages V « < 14 15 16 17 18 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Replies(300 - 319)
nein14
post Mar 31 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #301

Member No.: 262

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 31 2010, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(nein14 @ Mar 31 2010, 07:59 AM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 31 2010, 07:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 31 2010, 05:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 31 2010, 06:43 AM) *

Are these being made? or do they need to be made?

They need to be made.
This group buy is years old, with no resolution. The people that sent checks would, at best, have to resend them as they have probably timed out by now. Even if it does get finished, there are several people that want them that are not in on the buy.

Zach

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I am interested in one (1) maybe two (2) depending on price.

they are already made and spoken for sorry, according to the list (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to say I want in on these. I read where there are two lists, the original list and one "just in case someone drops out" list. I couldn't find either to put my name on so I was just saying that if someone (anyone) made more that I would buy one and maybe two.

anyone who has followed this thread from the beginning knows I have been in contact with Steve on a weekly basis on the project, so let me be clear they are complete and will be avaliable shortly to who ever is on the list that I gave Steve.

If someone wants to fabricate their own to make avaliable to sell on this site be my guest (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Mar 31 2010, 02:50 PM
Post #302

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

QUOTE(nein14 @ Mar 31 2010, 08:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 31 2010, 08:15 AM) *

I think that Mark might be considering making a run of these for his store.
And I would buy them if he did, I think.

Zach

With all that it took to get this done making a second run for another vendor to sell I would say is out of the question , sorry
try mittlemotor in germany

I'm not tring to ruin someone's parade here, but if these are not in process, I do have ties at Mittlemotor and was proposing a group buy if I could get the cost in the right range. That way it would be a proven product and short turn around.

If I'm out of line here let me know, I'm only trying to help, and I don't intend to make this a for profit thing on my side.

-Mark
+Quote Post
markb
post Mar 31 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #303

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

I have a customer who has done something *similar* to the original that's very cool. Would someone be interested in something that is not an exact copy of the original?
+Quote Post
amallagh
post Mar 31 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #304

Member No.: 6,767

QUOTE(amallagh @ Aug 15 2007, 07:55 PM) *

I had to drop out of this opportunity before Christmas 2006 because it had already taken over the original time expectation and I had to ship my package of GT conversion parts&car to the UK. It has been interesting (and considerably less frustrating) watching this from the sidelines.
I hope you all get your parts and the quality meets the high expectations that must have built up in peoples minds by now. If (and I hope when ) this kit actually becomes available and is proved in service, I hope someone directly involved has the fore thought to offer another batch for those mere mortals less patient than a Saint.

I look on with interest !!

Apologies for quoting myself, but it is from 3 years ago ! All very pretentious I know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon22_2.gif)
There is clearly plenty of demand out there beyond the select few on the list for this thread who have now surely reached exalted status for their faith and patience. Anyone who has hung on for over 3 years is hardly likely to drop out now !
If someone else did decide to produce a kit more commercially then I'd be up for one. As someone else has said I'm sure Pelican, AA and Performance Products would all be very interested in selling them on an ongoing basis. As someone has said all kits are just copied variations on the original theme so there is no virgin design that anyone has any claim to any more.
+Quote Post
rfuerst911sc
post Mar 31 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #305

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,980
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(markb @ Mar 31 2010, 01:04 PM) *

I have a customer who has done something *similar* to the original that's very cool. Would someone be interested in something that is not an exact copy of the original?

I could care less if it's an exact copy of the original. I want to eliminate the headlight motors and have the headlights go up when I pull a knob,lever,coat hanger etc. just want it to work. So what does your friend have available ? And thanks for chiming in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rfuerst911sc
post Mar 31 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #306

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,980

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 31 2010, 12:50 PM) *

Zach

With all that it took to get this done making a second run for another vendor to sell I would say is out of the question , sorry

I'm not tring to ruin someone's parade here, but if these are not in process, I do have ties at Mittlemotor and was proposing a group buy if I could get the cost in the right range. That way it would be a proven product and short turn around.

If I'm out of line here let me know, I'm only trying to help, and I don't intend to make this a for profit thing on my side.

-Mark

Mark I am interested based on price and availibility. I responded to another post here as I'm interested in ANY kit that is reasonable in price and available in a reasonable time frame.
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post Mar 31 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #307

Member No.: 10,019

QUOTE(nein14 @ Mar 31 2010, 01:27 PM) *

anyone who has followed this thread from the beginning knows I have been in contact with Steve on a weekly basis on the project, so let me be clear they are complete and will be avaliable shortly to who ever is on the list that I gave Steve.

If someone wants to fabricate their own to make avaliable to sell on this site be my guest (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Sounds good, I like these kind of projects. I think I will make a set that will go up and down mechanically on my GT replica (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif).
+Quote Post
post Mar 31 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #308

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 31 2010, 04:47 AM) *

The people that sent checks would, at best, have to resend them as they have probably timed out by now.

Zach

The above logic seems correct - except that I 'STILL' use the same bank that I wrote the check on..the only thing is the check number will be out of sequence...and the date.. other wise if the depositing bank attempts to 'deposit' my bank will allow it to flow through - especially since I've never even reported it lost and or to cancel it.

Steve and I've have already addressed this possible bump ..his comment was that he would simply contact said check holder of situation and have them resend a new check... I hope this opens some light to this possible concern... oh yes he also thank everyone for their patience too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Lightweight_911
post Apr 1 2010, 03:53 AM
Post #309

Member No.: 7,008

John (nein14) - I'm sure I was on the original list &, in fact, I spoke to Steve on the phone at the time about International orders - is there a way I can find out if I'm still on that original list ?
+Quote Post
carr914
post Apr 1 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #310

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:50 PM) *

Zach

-Mark

QUOTE(markb @ Mar 31 2010, 05:04 PM) *

I'd be in.

Sorry John (nein14), but 4 years is a Joke. I'm not on the original list ( I don't think), but if I had sent a check to someone 4 years ago for something and didn't get it, somebody would get a beat-down.

If these ever do get made & shipped, some will be offered up after the fact just like the AA group buy Flares.

T.C.
+Quote Post
RON S.
post May 28 2010, 08:33 AM
Post #311

9140430841, FINALLY RUNNING

Member No.: 724

John,
How do you define ''Available Shortly''???

you posted this back in the end of March, we are now 2 months later.

Ron
+Quote Post
rsrguy3
post May 29 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #312

Member No.: 10,234

This thread seems like a big tease and a cf.
+Quote Post
post Jun 30 2010, 11:52 PM
Post #313

Advanced Member

Are there any further updates?
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 1 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #314

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(396 @ Jun 30 2010, 09:52 PM) *

Yes, Elvis and Michael Jackson are still dead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
post Jul 1 2010, 07:45 AM
Post #315

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 30 2010, 11:00 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Jun 30 2010, 09:52 PM) *

Yes, Elvis and Michael Jackson are still dead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Ya (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) there's always one in the crowd
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Jul 1 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #316

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

I have it on good authority that they're not dead, but instead living on a sheep ranch in Montana and working on the GT kits in the barn. The kits would have been available sooner, but Elvis needed help. Now with Michael there, the kits will be available really soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jul 1 2010, 11:17 AM
Post #317

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

One thousand three hundred and sixty-five days and counting. Approaching the 4 year anniversary on this group buy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

If you put $0.32 cents per day in a cookie jar you could hit the Mittlemotor site today and buy the actual "GT" version of this kit... not the Meaney version. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Now, if you put that same money in the market, you could probably be re-bounding by now with enough to buy a rusty 914! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

If you calculate the amount of time you've spent re-checking this thread, you would find that you've actually lost more money than these things would have cost you if they were to ever come to fruition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post
BKLA
post Jul 1 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #318

Really old member

Member No.: 4,590
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

It's been so long that the 914 that I planned to put these on was sold and shipped to england years ago! Still have the race car and was considering putting this kit on that.... if the kit is ever completed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jul 1 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #319

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(BKLA @ Jul 1 2010, 10:25 AM) *

It's been so long that the 914 that I planned to put these on was sold and shipped to england years ago! Still have the race car and was considering putting this kit on that.... if the kit is ever completed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Same here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Jul 1 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #320

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Pssssssssst... Tip: start putting a quarter a day in a cookie jar! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol3.gif)
+Quote Post

18 Pages V « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 07:56 AM