Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PLEASE HELP!, Car won't stay running and I'm out of ideas.
messix
post Oct 11 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #21

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

Group: Members
From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

chase all vacuum lines, i've had this happen to me a couple of times. knocked a hose loose.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RockinOldSchool
post Oct 11 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #22

914 Junkie

Member No.: 6,562

QUOTE(swl @ Oct 11 2006, 06:55 PM) *

Have you done the 'squirt in a bottle'.

How's the battery holding up through all this?

Haven't pulled an injector yet. Wanted to p/up a new injector seal set before I do that just to be safe. I'll grab a set tomorrow afternoon. And the battery's holding up fine.

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Oct 11 2006, 07:43 PM) *

Hey John,
Also check the battery cut off switch, they are known to go bad, although I have never heard of a case where you can get the motor to run for a few seconds and then cut out. What is the coil temp like?

The battery cut off is fine, had a problem with it two weeks ago or so when I found that the ground in the engine bay was loose but that was a 2 second fix.

Not sure about the coil temp, didn't think to check it. I'll do that first thing tomorrow.

QUOTE(messix @ Oct 11 2006, 07:47 PM) *

chase all vacuum lines, i've had this happen to me a couple of times. knocked a hose loose.

Did once already, but it won't hurt me to double check.

Oh, and all will be well with the girlfriend. If the car's not running tomorrow afternoon my pops is letting me take his truck for the weekend.
+Quote Post
RockinOldSchool
post Oct 12 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #23

914 Junkie

Member No.: 6,562

IT'S ALIVE!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Well, Jim came over and lent me a hand fooling around with the car. Not sure what the cause was. But it now runs and we've found a slew of things that need to be done. The spark plug wires are in horrible shape with broken connectors. The rotor and cap could use to be replaced and one of the injector harness plugs was loose. Already took care of the harness plug. After I take care of the wires, cap and rotor I need to set my A/F ratio and check/set my fuel pressure and I should be fantastic.

Thanks for all the ideas and help guys. Without your guidance I'd still be at square one trying to knock possibilities off of the list. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smiley_notworthy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
messix
post Oct 12 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #24

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

YAY (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 03:12 AM