Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> did you or do subscribe to Porsche market letter?
GaroldShaffer
post Oct 8 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

So anyone here subscribe to the Porsche Market Letter aka PML ? Is it worth the $55 fee? I need another car magazine to read, well not really 8 is enough, but I have never seen a PML. Anyone have a recent copy they don't want anymore? I would pay shipping costs. I would like to see one before I subscribe. I looked, but I didn't find it at any of the popular book stores.

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Oct 8 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #2

Nano Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 364

I subscribed for a year I think, completely worthless. Very little information, lots of overpriced ads. Not worth $55, maybe $15. I think I threw them all out when I moved.

-Britain
+Quote Post
carreraguy
post Oct 8 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #3

It's not your dad's 914!

Member No.: 1,256
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(itsa914 @ Oct 8 2006, 08:51 PM) *

So anyone here subscribe to the Porsche Market Letter aka PML ? Is it worth the $55 fee? I need another car magazine to read, well not really 8 is enough, but I have never seen a PML. Anyone have a recent copy they don't want anymore? I would pay shipping costs. I would like to see one before I subscribe. I looked, but I didn't find it at any of the popular book stores.

Thanks

Hey Garold:
I subscribed for a few years when I was more active in the market; its a good tool if you'ree in the market and occasionally has some interiesting articles by recognized writers, but if you already have a lot of Porsche periodicals and are not in the market, I would pass. I let the subscription lapse a few months ago and threw out most of my old issues (too many mags too - the Boss made me do it). I would think PML would send you an old copy if you contact them (888-928-9111). If they don't, PM me your address and I'll send you a copy of the 11/04 issue about 914's (Teener market trends are reviewed in detail each November).
Later,
+Quote Post
william harris
post Oct 9 2006, 07:10 AM
Post #4

914 Restorer

Member No.: 1,539

I've seen it and consider it way, way overpriced. Quite frankly Bruce Anderson's sales reports are as good a source of market trends, and you get a great magazine to read to boot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Excellence
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Oct 9 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #5

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(william harris @ Oct 9 2006, 09:10 AM) *

I've seen it and consider it way, way overpriced. Quite frankly Bruce Anderson's sales reports are as good a source of market trends, and you get a great magazine to read to boot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Excellence

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
If I were going to subscribe to a car mag, it would be Excellence.

But as it is, if there is an artical that I want to see in it, I'll head up to my local B&N or Borders and read it there.

I have not even bothered to touch paper media since I bought the car, though.

Zach
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 10:19 PM