Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blower Fan Question, ...which fan does what ??
vesnyder
post Oct 9 2006, 06:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,933

The 914 used to have two blower - I never reinstalled the blower inside the engine compartment. - can somebody give me some details on which fan does what (fresh air, defrost, etc) and how are each controlled? It seems that when I use the dash heater controls to turn the fan on under the front cowel, it blows fresh air - is that right?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pfierb
post Oct 9 2006, 06:29 AM
Post #2

oldest member

From: The sign of good government in Connecticut is to keep raising taxes
Member No.: 4,008

QUOTE(vesnyder @ Oct 9 2006, 08:02 AM) *

The 914 used to have two blower - I never reinstalled the blower inside the engine compartment. - can somebody give me some details on which fan does what (fresh air, defrost, etc) and how are each controlled? It seems that when I use the dash heater controls to turn the fan on under the front cowel, it blows fresh air - is that right?

Thanks

Yes.....The red knobbed lever between the seats controls the heat fan in the engine compartment.
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post Oct 9 2006, 07:18 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The top lever controlls the fresh air vent and blower
Middle lever controlls how much of the air from the heat exchancers is used
Lower lever controlls where the warm air goes. To the right = windshield. To the left for lower vents.

The red knob lever by the shifter controls the flapper valves for heat from the HE's. Fully back turns on the engine blower. This blower is most helpful when the motor is running low rpm's. After that the engine fan does most of the work
+Quote Post
BMartin914
post Oct 9 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #4

|||

Member No.: 2,128
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The blower motor blows air into the heat exchangers, forcing the hot air out.
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Oct 9 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #5

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

There is one fan up front, under the cowl. This blows fresh air into the air distribution system. The other fan is, as you know, in the engine bay. That one blows air into the heat exchangers.

The controls work this way: The top slider in the dash allows more air into the air distribution system by opening up some flaps. When the slider moves far enough to the right, the front fan comes on. There are three fan speeds, and the further to the right you move the slider, the faster the fan goes.

The middle slider controls where the fresh air goes. Left means it goes to the floor, right means it goes to the windshield, middle means it goes to the dash side vents (if any).

The lower slider controls where warm air will go (if there is any going into the car). Like the middle slider, left means down and right means up.

The amount of warm air going into the car is controlled by the red lever in between the seats, next to the "DEFROST" light. As you pull up on the lever, more warm air is allowed into the car. Pull it up all the way, and the heater blower is turned on (one speed only).

I hope this helps.

--DD
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 06:14 PM