Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blower Fan Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
The 914 used to have two blower - I never reinstalled the blower inside the engine compartment. - can somebody give me some details on which fan does what (fresh air, defrost, etc) and how are each controlled? It seems that when I use the dash heater controls to turn the fan on under the front cowel, it blows fresh air - is that right?

Thanks
pfierb
QUOTE(vesnyder @ Oct 9 2006, 08:02 AM) *

The 914 used to have two blower - I never reinstalled the blower inside the engine compartment. - can somebody give me some details on which fan does what (fresh air, defrost, etc) and how are each controlled? It seems that when I use the dash heater controls to turn the fan on under the front cowel, it blows fresh air - is that right?

Thanks

Yes.....The red knobbed lever between the seats controls the heat fan in the engine compartment.
Bartlett 914
The top lever controlls the fresh air vent and blower
Middle lever controlls how much of the air from the heat exchancers is used
Lower lever controlls where the warm air goes. To the right = windshield. To the left for lower vents.

The red knob lever by the shifter controls the flapper valves for heat from the HE's. Fully back turns on the engine blower. This blower is most helpful when the motor is running low rpm's. After that the engine fan does most of the work
BMartin914
The blower motor blows air into the heat exchangers, forcing the hot air out.
Dave_Darling
There is one fan up front, under the cowl. This blows fresh air into the air distribution system. The other fan is, as you know, in the engine bay. That one blows air into the heat exchangers.

The controls work this way: The top slider in the dash allows more air into the air distribution system by opening up some flaps. When the slider moves far enough to the right, the front fan comes on. There are three fan speeds, and the further to the right you move the slider, the faster the fan goes.

The middle slider controls where the fresh air goes. Left means it goes to the floor, right means it goes to the windshield, middle means it goes to the dash side vents (if any).

The lower slider controls where warm air will go (if there is any going into the car). Like the middle slider, left means down and right means up.

The amount of warm air going into the car is controlled by the red lever in between the seats, next to the "DEFROST" light. As you pull up on the lever, more warm air is allowed into the car. Pull it up all the way, and the heater blower is turned on (one speed only).

I hope this helps.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.