Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Well it helped sort of... at least for an hour, New dizzy... same problem but not as bad.
tdgray
post Oct 13 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #21

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Group: Members
Member No.: 984
Region Association: None

Okay... got home last night about a quarter till nine.

Immediatley went to the garage...beer in hand.

Put one of the set of trigger points that Britt sent me in the new dizzy. Installed the new dizzy. Aligned the pertronix. Put in the new NGK6'ers. Started her up and timed it. Car ran much smoother. Nice power band. Put on the timing light and tweeked the timing...really not off by much. My neighbors loved it about as much as my wife did at 10:00 at night (for those of you that have timed a 1.7 you know what I am talking about).

All seemed well. So I bundled up... kissed the wife and with a spare set of plugs, tools and cell phone I set out for a drive.

Drove for about a half hour with no problems... really getting cold out now so I decide to head back home. Took the backroads. About ten minutes from my house car starts bucking and sputtering. Ahhh I know this feel. CRAP. Pull over at a gas station near my house for some light and pull number two plug. TOTALLY F'IN fouled. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Pulled all the plugs. Every one is fouled out. Put in the cleaned Platinums that I brought with me and limped back home.

I am totally at a loss here... I just do not know where to check now. I think I am done for the winter. I have had enough.

Sorry boys I will not be seeing you at the FFC tomorrow. Have fun. I'm just pisssed off this morning beyond belief (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 10:03 AM