Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> October 29th SVR Autocross @ Stockton CA, Final Zone Event of the year!
ConeDodger
post Oct 13 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #1

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

On October 29th Sacramento Valley Region of the Porsche Club of America will be hosting the final Zone 7 Series event of the year.

Come on out and enjoy the cool fall weather with us...

I know for sure that we now have 4 914 pilots but I would like to make it 10. Lets make a real statement and take all top 10 positions.

Registration 0730 - 0830 First car out at 0900

Preregister at the PCA Sacramento Valley Region Website and all you have to do is sign your name on the release and pay your $35.

See you there

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 13 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Oct 13 2006, 08:18 AM) *

On October 29th Sacramento Valley Region of the Porsche Club of America will be hosting the final Zone 7 Series event of the year.

Come on out and enjoy the cool fall weather with us...

I know for sure that we now have 4 914 pilots but I would like to make it 10. Lets make a real statement and take all top 10 positions.

Preregister at the PCA Sacramento Valley Region Website and all you have to do is sign your name on the release and pay your $35.

See you there

Free Halloween candy to the first 50 entrants! Who is coming?
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 15 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #3

Apex killer!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Oct 15 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #4

B-)

Member No.: 4,907

That would be sweet. I went to the final RR AX this Saturday and the first car was on at 10:15. I guess I showed up too early (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Myself and Andy were the only 914s there. It was a high HP course, with a radar gun for top speed on our time sheets. 62 mph in 3rd at 6200 rpm, woops over the red line.

Is PCA membership required in Stockton?...I'm not exactly sure. It would be sweet if some other SF Bay 914s will caravan out there. I'm 90% sure I'll be there, even with my friend's halloween party the night before. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 16 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #5

Apex killer!

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Oct 15 2006, 09:19 PM) *

That would be sweet. I went to the final RR AX this Saturday and the first car was on at 10:15. I guess I showed up too early (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Myself and Andy were the only 914s there. It was a high HP course, with a radar gun for top speed on our time sheets. 62 mph in 3rd at 6200 rpm, woops over the red line.

Is PCA membership required in Stockton?...I'm not exactly sure. It would be sweet if some other SF Bay 914s will caravan out there. I'm 90% sure I'll be there, even with my friend's halloween party the night before. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Hi Chris,
We invite other clubs for example the BMW club so I would say that PCA membership is not required. Get the Bay Area Boys together and we can all find a pizza place post event...

By the way, I love that RR course too but they are dealing with a requirement from the airport that no car goes out on course before 10am. They claim it is because of the rich people who live just off the side of the airport.
Not to worry... there are no rich people in Stockton (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
914forme
post Oct 16 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #6

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

I never thought my auto-x season would end the same day as a Cali groups. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Of course I might be driving in the snow! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Alison Baker
post Oct 16 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,178

+Quote Post
Martin Baker
post Oct 16 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #8

I just heard I sold my cars!

Member No.: 290

Damn Rob, the Challenge HAS been issued! You better bring your special shoes too! You have a copy of the book? I can loan you mine if I can get it away from Alison...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 17 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #9

Apex killer!

QUOTE(914forme @ Oct 16 2006, 01:49 PM) *

I never thought my auto-x season would end the same day as a Cali groups. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Of course I might be driving in the snow! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Stephen,
Not to worry. It is the last Zone event of the year, not the last event. We still have an event or two on the calender. Including one in the paddock at Infinion in November. Other Regions in the Zone have events as well.
Come on down... I would love to see some out of town cars make a run at our events. I keep thinking I will return to Minnesota and run a MAC event some summer.
After November it gets a bit rainy up north here and we put them away for the year and adjust our suspensions, rebuild our motors, and such...
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 17 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #10

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Alison Baker @ Oct 16 2006, 05:38 PM) *

I will be driving at that event, in our 914-6, and I bought myself some new shoes, just for the occasion. I've pre-registered, I've been reading the Secrets of Solo Racing by Henry A. Watts (so I will be skilled in the way). and this could very well be Robs first defeat by a Scotsman...

Ok Alison, if I understand these "extra rules" you emailed to me, I have to drive backwards and blindfolded? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
It will be so great to see that car on an autocross course. I expect it would be better to see it on a track but that thing is so well set up... You are going to have a ball.
I do have Henry's book. I will dust off my copy and get out my reading glasses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Oct 17 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 4,634

I could probably help you out with those special shoes
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 17 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #12

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Oct 16 2006, 05:49 PM) *

Damn Rob, the Challenge HAS been issued! You better bring your special shoes too! You have a copy of the book? I can loan you mine if I can get it away from Alison...

Silly boy! You got her the wrong special shoes! Mine are Signal Orange, if you can't have a Signal Orange 914 you have to have Signal Orange Shoes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Alison Baker
post Oct 17 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #13

+Quote Post
Alison Baker
post Oct 17 2006, 09:31 AM
Post #14

+Quote Post
Steve_7x
post Oct 17 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 2,503

I'll be there to see how this turns out when the green flag drops.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Steve
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 18 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #16

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Steve_7x @ Oct 17 2006, 09:31 AM) *

I'll be there to see how this turns out when the green flag drops.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Steve

Steve,

I am sure you will, she is a first-timer so you may wind up with a ride or two... I actually plan to run the four cylinder so she should beat me... Anyway a good time will had by all...

Except the cones when Alison is on course. Cone blood will flow in the streets! Oh my God the poor cones!. Someone please help the poor cones! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/new_shocked.gif)
+Quote Post
914forme
post Oct 18 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #17

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Member No.: 2,388

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Oct 17 2006, 11:07 AM) *

Stephen,
Not to worry. It is the last Zone event of the year, not the last event. We still have an event or two on the calender. Including one in the paddock at Infinion in November. Other Regions in the Zone have events as well.
Come on down... I would love to see some out of town cars make a run at our events.

Good I was beginning to think the worst.

BTW, you don't want me at an event! Each time I have been to Frisco it has rained to beat all hell, flooding in the streets, cats and dogs sleeping togther....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Come to think of it did that in Tampa also. Oh great I won't ever be able to run an out of town event.

Ohh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) I just got word, Subaru wants me at next years SCCA Nationals. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Seems they want a sweep and they are calling in the rain maker. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 19 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #18

Apex killer!

QUOTE(914forme @ Oct 18 2006, 06:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Oct 17 2006, 11:07 AM) *

Stephen,
Come on down... I would love to see some out of town cars make a run at our events.

Good I was beginning to think the worst.

BTW, you don't want me at an event! Each time I have been to Frisco it has rained to beat all hell, flooding in the streets, cats and dogs sleeping togther....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Come to think of it did that in Tampa also. Oh great I won't ever be able to run an out of town event.

Ohh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) I just got word, Subaru wants me at next years SCCA Nationals. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Seems they want a sweep and they are calling in the rain maker. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I am not too worried. You come on out. We get some spit this time of the year but the rain will hold off a while. Our crack team of meteorologists has determined the chance of rain to be just about 0... But then if it does rain they will just claim they were on crack! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Oct 22 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #19

Apex killer!

Only one week left to join in on the most amazing autocross event of the year... We will be giving out Halloween candy in the morning so our expectation is for "sugar-high fast times in the morning" and "sugar-coma slow times in the afternoon". It should be the most amazing nutritional demonstration in the world!

Seriously, we would love to see you all there... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Bring your camera and take pictures as Alison Baker turns the blue car orange with cone blood giving Martin what he really always wanted. An Orange six! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Alison Baker
post Oct 23 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #20

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:22 PM