Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> N.E.Wrenches Roll Call, ...get anything done this weekend?
type11969
post Oct 27 2006, 06:50 AM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

Pete, definitely think you made a good choice, although it always sucks to lose another 914. Curious though what the front trunk looks like in your car, and the area on the firewall where the shiftrod, brake lines, gas lines, etc pass through. My 914 needs help there, and if you are scrapping that car, maybe we can work out a deal.

Also, I have a flat tow towbar for a 914 already mounted to a scrap bumper, unbolt your old bumper, bolt this one on, and away you go. I don't foresee needing it in the near future, you are welcome to borrow it if you want.

-Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RS22b
post Oct 27 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #82

Type Broken!

Member No.: 3,425

WOW! Good call Pete. Not that i really knew what your orange car looked like underneath.

So is the green car getting stripped down here or up in Buffalo? And are you keeping all the parts from the green car or is Ray?

whoever might be keeping the parts, i think i need the bottom seatbelt buckles. Where the belt attatches to the middle tunnel. And possibly that stock fog light switch.

let me know.

Thanks,
Billy
+Quote Post
jet1
post Oct 28 2006, 08:47 AM
Post #83

Member No.: 2,213

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
Leo Imperial
post Oct 28 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #84

Do you have to use so many cuss words?

Member No.: 3,192
Region Association: None

Looks like I have the weekend off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Man it has been a while. Gonna spend some time with the family. Maybe next Sat we can all try to make the run to RacerChris's shop and show him some support. Looks like it could be a good time.

I just checked with the better half and she said I can go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Glad we got everything sorted last Sunday. It was a productive day.

I spoke with Pete yesterday. He was on the road towing the 914 behind the bettle to Buffalo. He said the DLee setup was working like a dream.
+Quote Post
RS22b
post Oct 28 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #85

Type Broken!

yeah i would really like to get up to Chris's for an alignment.

Dont know if i will get the car back from Powertech in time. The car wasnt running good at all earlier in the week and started running on only 3 cyls. So hopefully its nothing crazy and i will have it back by the weekend.

_billy
+Quote Post
ptravnic
post Oct 29 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #86

Member No.: 747

Chris - the area you describe is shit on the orange car. My feet get wet when it rains b/c the area around the m/c & pedals is uber rusty.

Ray and I worked out a deal on the green car complete & "as is" less a few pieces he had just bought new like the rear calipers, injectors, etc.

My thoughts are to keep the green machine as complete as possible so as to ensure everything is on hand when the time comes to properly put it all back together.

After the green car is torn down & put back together the left over pieces will be given away/up for sale.

My goal is to have the green car on the road by May.

BTW, like Leo said - the tow bar set up kicks booty! The orange car is in the garage in Buffalo & has it's ass end up on jack stands waiting to have the engine dropped. When it goes back in it will likely get dressed w/carbs. A set of Dellorto DRLA 40mm's are on the basement workbench waiting to be rebuilt.

The FI will have to get prepped for another engine.

Giddy up, big plans are underway!
+Quote Post
type11969
post Oct 29 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #87

Pete- I don't think we are talking about the same area of the car, I'm talking about the area in the engine compartment where the fuel lines, shift rod, etc, pass through, is that rusty? How about the trunk floor? Let me know.

Good luck with the green car!

-Chris

+Quote Post
turboman808
post Oct 29 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,505

Yep a run up to Chris' place would be pretty cool. Sounds like we got possibly 3 people heading up there. Any others?
+Quote Post
ptravnic
post Oct 29 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #89

QUOTE(type11969 @ Oct 29 2006, 03:46 PM) *

Pete- I don't think we are talking about the same area of the car, I'm talking about the area in the engine compartment where the fuel lines, shift rod, etc, pass through, is that rusty? How about the trunk floor? Let me know.

Good luck with the green car!

-Chris

I gotchya, I was thinking of the front trunk, etc. That area is pretty solid on the orange car but I'm not sure when/if it'll get cut up. Seems a pretty easy section to fabricate - doesn't really support anything just keeps the water out/people in...

-pt
+Quote Post
type11969
post Oct 29 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #90

I'm more concerned with the location of the opening for the shift rod. This area was rusted out on my car, and a PO decided to "fill" the rust holes with shitty globs of stick welding rod . . . literally looks like bird crap. My concern is that if the hole through which the shift rod passes has been altered, deformed, etc, this car will never shift correctly. And thats the last thing a 914 needs, more of a mess in the shifting department. Meh, maybe I can sort it out with some measurements off of another car. We will see how far I am along if/when you start parting out that orange one.

Anyone have any projects planned for the weekend of the 11th? I'm going to be up that way and will probably have some free time that Sunday. Certainly would be willing to lend a hand.

-Chris
+Quote Post
RS22b
post Oct 31 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #91

Type Broken!

so whos all goin for a ride today with the nice weather?

My car is still at Powertech, not sure if they even got a look at it yet. Goin to call them later and see if i can get the car back.

_billy
+Quote Post
i love porsche
post Oct 31 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #92

Member No.: 2,030

when are people going up to chris's? id like to be a passenger
+Quote Post
ptravnic
post Oct 31 2006, 01:08 PM
Post #93

I'd like to get out to MovieTime at some point to get the green car prepped for the trip to Buffalo at the end of the month. Prepped = put on tow bar brackets: takes ~ 30mins.
+Quote Post
RS22b
post Oct 31 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #94

Type Broken!

Upto Chris's on Sat. but not sure what time everyone is goin to meet up. You can ride with me if you like, but not sure im goin to have my ride back yet.

Pete - let me know if you head down to the shop. I live about 10 min away and can come help if you need.
+Quote Post
turboman808
post Oct 31 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

QUOTE(RS22b @ Oct 31 2006, 07:56 AM) *

so whos all goin for a ride today with the nice weather?

My car is still at Powertech, not sure if they even got a look at it yet. Goin to call them later and see if i can get the car back.

_billy

Well heck yeah I saw the nice weather and grabbed all my stuff out of my honda and threw it in the teener. Took the top off and threw on sunglasses. Army pants and a wife beater didn't sit to well with the cops since I shaved my head rather close a few days ago. Giving me the old "you sole that car" dirty looks again.

Well Got on the highway and opened her up only to hit the bumper to bumper traffic 3 miles from my house. 1.5 hour drive to work in traffic YAY! Well heck I did have the top off and enjoying the weather none the less.

I definetly want to head up to Chris' Saturday. We should meet somewhere along 95 in NY. I just don't want to have to drive to Jersey.

I haven't looked at a map yet so not exactly sure where??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
nycchef
post Nov 1 2006, 02:45 PM
Post #96

mechanical moron

Member No.: 5,202

well kids. taking the 914 out for one last pleasure drive on what looks like the last nice day. cleaned out the garage in n.j. and it's going to sleep for the season. hope to pull the engine soon, send the tranny to dr. evil for a rebuild and wait for leo's 2.0. maybe tear down the 1.7 and rebuild that one in the warmth of my basement. gonna miss the little pain in the ass. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
turboman808
post Nov 1 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

QUOTE(nycchef @ Nov 1 2006, 12:45 PM) *

well kids. taking the 914 out for one last pleasure drive on what looks like the last nice day. cleaned out the garage in n.j. and it's going to sleep for the season. hope to pull the engine soon, send the tranny to dr. evil for a rebuild and wait for leo's 2.0. maybe tear down the 1.7 and rebuild that one in the warmth of my basement. gonna miss the little pain in the ass. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Yeah I think this is the last weekend for awhile. Got a list of stuff I want to do myself.
Taking the gauges out Sunday night and sending them to PAspeedo. Should be getting back a 200mph speedo, 10k rpm tach amd triple gauge. Lots of wishful thinking on my part. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Well I hope to see some of you guys Saturday. Driving up together would definetly be fun. SO Lets deciede on a place. If anything I will wait on the side of the highway for you if you let me know when you are coming.

Oh also I got my HD camera and will be taking lots of video which I will imagine will make it's way on the site
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:35 AM