Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Can I test some used front inserts?, Trash or re-useable, I'm not sure.
Chris Pincetich
post Oct 17 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #1

B-)

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,907
Region Association: Northern California

I've got 2 sets of used front struts with inserts still in them. I just read about using a pipe wrench to get the top retainer off, so I should be able to inspect them soon. Since I could always use more money, and plan to sell the extra struts/hubs/calipers I have at the end of my rebuild, I was thinking of offering the used inserts on the classifieds. BUT I don't want to be accused of selling junk and do my 914 bros a diss-service.

Just did the search and opinions vary from "just get new ones" to "they last a long time" as to the quality of some used front shock inserts.

Is there a test that I can do on the bench top for rebound, compression, wear, or anything? Would it be best to junk these or sell "AS IS" to somebody that doesn't care? I can tell they do offer lots of resistance to quick push/pull and move smoothly.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:05 AM