Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Too much fun tonight!, Driving tandem
Mamacita
post Oct 17 2006, 10:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,380

Ok, so John puts his new starter on and we decide to blow the cobwebs out of our cars and take them on a little trek now that the roads aren't doused from the rainstorm today.

So we start up Beauty (Genevieve) and The Beast (Sasquatch) and drive off into the night. We go up the highway to the gas station then we drive back down the highway to our favorite curvy road.

The whole way we have people pulling up to John (who was in front) and then braking to stay even with him so they can gawk. Too fun, right? Ok, so we're at a red light & these three teenage guys roll down the windows sitting next to me and say, "NICE cars!" I tell them thanks & that they're fun little things. They proceed to tell me that there was just a show (on Speed they think) on the whole history of Porsches and that it's so fun to see some old ones on the road.

It was so cool to get the feedback from people.

Oh, I almost forgot. Every person at the gas station stopped at gawked for a bit before going in to pay for their fuel. It was awesome!

Btw, Genevieve is blowing less black smoke than before. We'll still take her in to the shop tomorrow for a look-see, but I'm much less worried about the carb adjustment now than I was before.

I loved going with the wind in my hair, zooming off the lights and around those corners. It brought back a lot of wonderful memories & I'm thrilled that John has a fun car this time around, too, so we can enjoy it together.

Lovin' it!
Stacie
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Mamacita   Too much fun tonight!   Oct 17 2006, 10:45 PM
So.Cal.914   Cool Stacie, Enjoy.   Oct 18 2006, 01:05 AM
Howard   Stacie, great report. Just be careful of leaving ...   Oct 18 2006, 12:44 PM
Joe Sharp   Where are the Pics????? :ttiwwp: :PERMAGRIN: Jo...   Oct 18 2006, 12:54 PM
RockinOldSchool  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:17 PM