Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> cold start injector wires- need help!
Scott-thundercat
post Oct 19 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,049

Hey so today i replaced all the fuel lines (what a PITA) with new fuel injector hose. anyhow, when i was just about done i noticed a wire coming out of the pass rear cylinder area that ran up to apparently the cold start injector connector. this wire was seperated- but the colors matched. so i spliced em- then when connecting a vacuum line i bumped em and they broke in a different spot- spliced em again- (by spliced i mean i crimped a connector on em), right as i was about to put the connector back on BOTH wires fell out of the connector. super. so now my question is- how do i get the metal connector pieces out of the connector in order to put the wires back in em and which wires go to which side?!?!

ah the questions.

also on my day of fixes i replaced the DESTROYED rubber lines connecting the brake reservoir to the plastic lines... real fun.

also kind fixed my little grill above the engine to not be as ugly.

so i guess barring the stupidity of connector destruction today was productive. just tiring. sometime over the weekend is spark plugs, points and condensor and then adding gas and trying to start it up!

so when i opened the gas cap (it's been sitting for 17 years) there were white crystals on the cap (looks like calite- but doubt it is) - but it still apparently seals decently- didnt hear any gas when i tried to slosh it- what should i do to clean out the tank before adding new gas- and what else would you guys recommend doing before attempting to start it (besides adding oil to the cylinders and trying to rotate the engine by hand to lubricate it- and changing oil...)???

thanks guys.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Scott-thundercat   cold start injector wires- need help!   Oct 19 2006, 08:08 PM
Dave_Darling   Passenger rear cylinder area? Near the #3 spark p...   Oct 20 2006, 12:07 AM
Scott-thundercat  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:08 AM