Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VBWS, Virginia Breakfast Wrench and Suds, 1st Annual VBWS - SaturdayNovember 4th
jimkelly
post Nov 5 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #81

Delaware USA

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

good time was had by all - lots of sparks flying - Evil's 6 HE's got repaired by JPB and Rod - thye may have worm out a tig and a mig in one day - Babydoll got some love by the Dr. and his friends - one jack post got replaced - lots of things learned - and best off all - everyone enjoyed my meat : ) - as I was the BBQ technician.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Nov 5 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #82

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

Damn Jim what kind of looser are you? It's 8:30 on Sun and you're hanging out here? I had a great time yesterday and really enjoyed meeting you guys. The good (?) doctor (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) wasn't nearly as painful as I had imagined and I can walk fairly normally this morning!Looking forward to the next one.
+Quote Post
JPB
post Nov 5 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #83

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

Thanks to our hosts and all who attended this cool gathering and was glad to see some new faces. I will get the pipes to Thermal Tech Coatings and try to get a deal for the Doctor's headers. If anyone else has some pipes to ceramic, a group deal may be the ticket for saving a few dineros. If anyone needs any welding, I will be glad to be of assistance at the next gathering.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Thanks again and looking forward to the next one.
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Nov 5 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #84

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Member No.: 16

Sounds like a good time was had by all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jsharp.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)

I'll try to make the next one for sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

FYI, babydoll has a bad Aux air valve that was causing a high idle at the ECC. We disconnected and plugged it to keep her drivable during the summer.

Lets see the photos from the days work.. I bet most of you can no longer run for any political office once these photos get posted (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
root
post Nov 5 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #85

Two Wheeled Type4 Completed!

Member No.: 2,026

got some pic's of the day... thanks for coming everyone!
VbWs '06 Rocked!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jsharp.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
root
post Nov 5 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #86

....more

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
root
post Nov 5 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #87

more...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Nov 5 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #88

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

FYI, babydoll has a bad Aux air valve that was causing a high idle at the ECC. We disconnected and plugged it to keep her drivable during the summer.

Oh so that was YOUR golf tee huh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
BTW Baydoll has lost her box. It seems the Crane unit had a pretty erratic fire on no. 2 and no fire on no. 3. After Mike and Bob put together a new points unit she was up and running like a chump errr champ. Carnage from 4 distributors was left behind (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Nov 5 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #89

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Member No.: 16

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Nope not my Tee.. I used grape Huba-buba.

So are you saying the crane unit crapped out? The unit was new from PP a week before the ECC. E-mail me with the scoop and I can get ahold of Pelican parts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post
type47
post Nov 5 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #90

Viermeister

Member No.: 994

it was neat seeing evil, bob, scottyb, ken et al, fixing babydoll in the parking lot. alot of experience there. thanks to jimkelly for the part to mount my ECU that i have been searching for forever.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Nov 5 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #91

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

BIG THANKS to ROD and JPB! You guys did a lot of work on my /6 HEs and I totally appreciate it. It felt wierd having someone else do all the work for me.

Favorite quote by far!: "So there I was with my hand flat against this hookers chest, holding her down on the couch..." Jim Kelly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Scotty you look nothing like Wilferd. It was fun picking on you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I hope you become a regular at these meetings.

Bob, as always a pleasure.

Steven, I'll be in touch about the machinist books.

I am still tired....need sleep.....learning about poop making in the morning
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Nov 6 2006, 08:45 AM
Post #92

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460

Oh come on - I am sure all you guys have a story like this ???

I'd like to say that the quote was taken out of context but can't (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I would like to make one correction - please replace hookers with hooker's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

though I would like to note that no money exchanged hands (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 5 2006, 05:54 PM) *

Favorite quote by far!: "So there I was with my hand flat against this hookers chest, holding her down on the couch..." Jim Kelly (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

+Quote Post
PinetreePorsche
post Nov 12 2006, 07:58 PM
Post #93

Member No.: 5,124

'Teeners at root's, and esp. Root: Yes, good event, good folks, nice 914s, and LOTS of good sharing of info and labor. I got up the courage to cut/grind/chisel off a jack point, and the good luck to find a pro welder (who was that masked man?--welder's mask) to get it back to 100%. And I got a look inside the long beam, which was in verrry nice shape. Acuna matata, as the meerkat says. And I got up some courage/ momentum, bought myself a Ryobi grinder w/cutoff wheel, and a 2 lb. reel of fluxed wire for my Lincoln welder, so now I can do the other side myself (it isn't as bad as the one we did. Now if the rain would only end! -Chris H. (Pinetree Porsche)
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 08:11 AM