Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> I added a firewall, Rules, rules, rules
URY914
post Nov 5 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #1

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I'm running an a/x this coming weekend and these folks play by the rules. The SCCA Solo rules no less. I've been running my car w/out a firewall for about 2 years now and no one has ever said a word about it during pre-race tech. But this weekend will be different. Rules say I need a bulkhead between me and the engine to protect the driver from flames(!) and liquids. OK, they're right, t's time to do it.

I got me some .040 aluminum and started with a cardboard template. It's made using two big pieces and a removable center section. I also popped on some smaller pieces to fit against the inside of the body. It mounts so that the lower edge is on the engine side of the existing car's double walled bulkhead. This way any fluids will hit it and drain to the ground instead of draining to the interior of the car. It will also act as a heat shield between me and the engine. It can get pretty hot against my back when I'm sitting in that aluminum seat on the grid.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
URY914   I added a firewall   Nov 5 2006, 07:36 PM
URY914   Closer...   Nov 5 2006, 07:37 PM
Aaron Cox   nice work... no bead rolling or anything for stre...   Nov 5 2006, 08:00 PM
URY914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 03:12 AM