Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fabulous day at the track today, Streets of Willow w/ POC
campbellcj
post Nov 9 2003, 10:45 PM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Only in SoCal can you drive to the the track in steady rain the whole way, but then there is NO rain all day at the track and conditions are damn near perfect for some very quick and comfortable driving... in mid-November

Temps stayed in the low/mid 50's (I think) but it was pretty chilly due to the desert winds that blew almost constantly. But the cool temps mean the cars are making some good POWER and the asphalt at the recently-repaved track has finally cured and been fixed up really nicely. With the mostly overcast skies diffusing the SoCal sun, even the lighting & visibility were fantastic -- this was the first time I have ever been to Willow without needing sunglasses and a hat all day.

There were no less than -12- POC class records set today -- unheard of! I personally didn't win anything (like usual) but I shaved 1.4 seconds off my previous best ever time at this track, which is pretty sweet. I am now within ~1 second of the guys I am usually chasing in my class.

Besides a good 914 turnout (at least 6 sixes and 4-5 fours) there were some really interesting other cars -- I really liked the SCCA/VARA 240Z and should've taken pics. This car was incredibly clean and raced prepped to the hilt (triple dual-choke solexes, camber boxes on all four corners, lots of trick stuff.) A RHD Lotus Elise was there too, a new GT3, and a 160HP VW Bug that actually was quite quick until it broke, LOL.

My car is really, really getting to the "enjoyable" point. I am finding all of the weak spots and areas that need further tuning, but it is a blast to drive. I hope to do at least 3 more events this year...then after the 2-3 week winter break, next season will commence in mid January (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
campbellcj   Fabulous day at the track today   Nov 9 2003, 10:45 PM
redshift   Nice man! :trophy: To have shaved 1.4 secon...   Nov 9 2003, 11:19 PM
ChrisReale   Chris, I need pics, man. I'd love to see an u...   Nov 9 2003, 11:24 PM
rick 918-S   I enjoyed reading about your day. Great fun, great...   Nov 9 2003, 11:28 PM
drew365   Rich; I was with Chris at Willow Springs and agree...   Nov 10 2003, 09:36 AM
aufaber  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:47 PM