Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> tire delema, 245 15s.....wanted
pete-stevers
post Nov 12 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #1

saved from fire!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,914
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

i have been looking for a streetable tire for my 8 inch rears for gizmo...
i found dunlop had 245s in a 15inch sizing...big bucks 350 plus per tire(lap dance, possibly included)....dot approved
now i have found an importer for avons in the 245 15 sizing....dot approved 288 apiece(not including lap dance)
but i have a aquaintance that imports skylines from japan....he is will check if 245 15s are available in the yokahama line up, but not imported to the North American market....so i am hoping for some alternatives...and hoping for better pricing too.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Nov 12 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #2

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

not many options in 15 inch nowdays
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp...mp;x=64&y=8
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
pete-stevers
post Nov 12 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #3

saved from fire!

Member No.: 2,914
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

wow that seems a whole lot more reasonable than the 350 i was quoted at the local shop....less than half....
anybody ever use avon tires??
i am stillholding out for a yoke advan...if it is made offshore, but it may not be dot aproved....
+Quote Post
carr914
post Nov 12 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #4

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

I have used Avons that I bought from Tire Rack, but in 205/50/15s. A very decent tire, especially for the money. Only used them for the street. I also have the Dunlops (also from Tire Rack) in 225/50/15 that I have used in DEs. They aren't race rubber, but they have lasted well beyond my expectations. My recommendation would be the Dunlops.

T.C.
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Nov 12 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #5

Sooo Close.......

Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

I am using Fuzion's in 60 series. They are a new breed from bridgestone. Almost the same compund as a motorcycle "battlax" road race tire. So to say pretty darn soft, and yet wear like iron. I took a chance, because they are insanely inexpensive. And I must say, they absolutely rock on both of my cars. The wet traction is almost unbelievable. And they are so inexpensive that you can flog the crap outta them and get another complete set for about 200 bucks -

I got em from tire rack - Not saying you should take the same chance, we all have our own "specs" we like to adhere too. But IMHO lotsa bucks do not necessarily equate with the quality this implies-

Check out some of the road test reviews -

J
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:50 PM