Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tire delema
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
i have been looking for a streetable tire for my 8 inch rears for gizmo...
i found dunlop had 245s in a 15inch sizing...big bucks 350 plus per tire(lap dance, possibly included)....dot approved
now i have found an importer for avons in the 245 15 sizing....dot approved 288 apiece(not including lap dance)
but i have a aquaintance that imports skylines from japan....he is will check if 245 15s are available in the yokahama line up, but not imported to the North American market....so i am hoping for some alternatives...and hoping for better pricing too.....
sixnotfour
not many options in 15 inch nowdays
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp...mp;x=64&y=8
pete-stevers
wow that seems a whole lot more reasonable than the 350 i was quoted at the local shop....less than half....
anybody ever use avon tires??
i am stillholding out for a yoke advan...if it is made offshore, but it may not be dot aproved....
carr914
I have used Avons that I bought from Tire Rack, but in 205/50/15s. A very decent tire, especially for the money. Only used them for the street. I also have the Dunlops (also from Tire Rack) in 225/50/15 that I have used in DEs. They aren't race rubber, but they have lasted well beyond my expectations. My recommendation would be the Dunlops.

T.C.
jwalters
I am using Fuzion's in 60 series. They are a new breed from bridgestone. Almost the same compund as a motorcycle "battlax" road race tire. So to say pretty darn soft, and yet wear like iron. I took a chance, because they are insanely inexpensive. And I must say, they absolutely rock on both of my cars. The wet traction is almost unbelievable. And they are so inexpensive that you can flog the crap outta them and get another complete set for about 200 bucks -

I got em from tire rack - Not saying you should take the same chance, we all have our own "specs" we like to adhere too. But IMHO lotsa bucks do not necessarily equate with the quality this implies-

Check out some of the road test reviews -

J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.