Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Results from the Tijuana Race Weekend
john rogers
post Nov 10 2003, 11:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 391

Well the newly converted 914-6 ran great and I finished 6th or so in catagory B which included Honda CRXs, Aruras, GTIs (SCCA-ITA class), Mazadas and such. The car was a huge hit with the fans and I signed a ton of autographs and posed for lots of pictures. The course was brand new concrete and we went around a traffic circle which was nice going into it but suddenly changed to off camber as you went around it. This caused several spectacular crashes since the drivers would try to save the car and it would hit the curb and then flip over. I was sure glad I had slicks on the car as it let me corner much easier than most of the cars. They also used standing starts which I haven't done since my motorcycle racing days over 30 years ago! There will be another series next year I think and the trip was definately worth it! I get some picts posted in a couple of days.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 07:42 AM