Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Results from the Tijuana Race Weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
Well the newly converted 914-6 ran great and I finished 6th or so in catagory B which included Honda CRXs, Aruras, GTIs (SCCA-ITA class), Mazadas and such. The car was a huge hit with the fans and I signed a ton of autographs and posed for lots of pictures. The course was brand new concrete and we went around a traffic circle which was nice going into it but suddenly changed to off camber as you went around it. This caused several spectacular crashes since the drivers would try to save the car and it would hit the curb and then flip over. I was sure glad I had slicks on the car as it let me corner much easier than most of the cars. They also used standing starts which I haven't done since my motorcycle racing days over 30 years ago! There will be another series next year I think and the trip was definately worth it! I get some picts posted in a couple of days.
seanery
John,

Sounds like a great time! Can't wait for the pics!!
fiid
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Well - not worthless, but I can't wait to see the pics. I want to run this race sometime....

Fiid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.