Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who gives a rip about 914's?, Getting it dialed
ahdoman
post Nov 12 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #1

It's phonetic...Ah-D-O-Man (Audioman)

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,084
Region Association: Southern California

Before I get into this I would like to say "thanks" to this community. Without all of you giving me input my teener wouldn't be as far along as it is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smiley_notworthy.gif) . However, I do need some serious "up to speed" help in getting the car dialed (carberation, valves, timing). Can anybody recommend a shop(s) and/or person(s) in the SoCal area that really likes 914's and gives a rip as to thier validity as a Porsche(unlike the shops in my area)? I am in the Santa Clarita area but don't mind traveling within reason to get this car really working. I also don't mind (and would prefer) doing the work myself I just need some insight on a couple of problems. Is anybody doing a "shake down" clinic in the L.A. area?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Nov 12 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

QUOTE(ahdoman @ Nov 12 2006, 08:39 PM) *

Before I get into this I would like to say "thanks" to this community. Without all of you giving me input my teener wouldn't be as far along as it is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smiley_notworthy.gif) . However, I do need some serious "up to speed" help in getting the car dialed (carberation, valves, timing). Can anybody recommend a shop(s) and/or person(s) in the SoCal area that really likes 914's and gives a rip as to thier validity as a Porsche(unlike the shops in my area)? I am in the Santa Clarita area but don't mind traveling within reason to get this car really working. I also don't mind (and would prefer) doing the work myself I just need some insight on a couple of problems. Is anybody doing a "shake down" clinic in the L.A. area?

Ottos in Venice

www.ottosvenice.com
+Quote Post
SGB
post Nov 12 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #3

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

Even all the way over here in Alabame, Ottos has the rep of choice for a big-business shop with big ehtics. Ethics, thats hard to beat.
+Quote Post
sww914
post Nov 12 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146
Region Association: None

I 3rd Otto's. He loves these damned things.
+Quote Post
JoeSharp
post Nov 12 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #5

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

Come by the house next Saturday and someone will help you out. Oh! You are alerady singed up. Well Clayton or myself can talk you through whatever the problem is.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:13 PM