Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Uh....wtf?, throttle cable and the britt weekend show.
bd1308
post Nov 13 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #1

Sir Post-a-lot

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,501

Saturday night, I'm deciding where to sleep and I go home and snap! throttle cable just gives up. I get car pulled by a Camry back to my buddy's house and spend night. Next morning I look and notice that the cable was grey and looked like it was annealed, with melted globs in it, like three inches down the tunnel from where it attaches to the pedal. Would having this cable wrapped around the clutch cause this superheating and subsequent failure, or did I miss something when I put this used cable in my car?

Plus, I had to re-run all of my fuel pump wires only to find out I had my auxillary harness fuel pump plug accidentally unplugged, which was the reason for my 'voltage at engine bay, nothing at pump and no shorts' issue.

lol

Are the terry cables very nice? I need like the cadillac of cables, so I dont have to replace them every year. My clutch is a GEMO cable and its still holding up, my speedo cable is like almost toast totally.

I lubed this new cable i made up with tons of white lithium grease used for trailer hitches. Thick stuff too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
bd1308   Uh....wtf?   Nov 13 2006, 11:17 AM
Dr. Roger   your throttle cable was a ground cable at some tim...   Nov 13 2006, 11:35 AM
trekkor   I hope you get this figured out. Nice one liner o...   Nov 13 2006, 12:24 PM
bd1308  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:18 PM