Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Traqmate Data Acquisition Package, I give it a thumbs up!
nine14cats
post Nov 14 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

I thought I would provide some feedback for anyone looking at data acquistion units.

Greg Braun (race914) and I recently purchased Traqmate GPS systems. Greg can chime in here as well to give his impressions of the product. I've used it one day and I'm going to say this thing really is going to be a valuable learning tool. I like intuitive interfaces and the Traqmate is easy to use.

The sensor unit is smaller than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and the display unit is the size of an eyeglass case. You can hardwire power to it, use a AA battery pack, or do as I did and plug into your cigarette lighter.

The canned graphs and analysis tools are very helpful and you can compare drivers, cars, lines etc., on any given track by downloading from the unit to your PC or e-mailing the files to other users and comparing that way as well.

As an example, I compared 2 laps of myself during different run sessions at Infineon Raceway this weekend in the Spec Boxster.

Here is what a lap comparison screenshot looks like. The blue dot and red dots represent me chasing myself and the relative car position at the same lap time:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 07:14 PM