Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche 914 History: Richard Hetmann, I would like to know a little more about this guy
Two914s
post Nov 14 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,184

I would like to know a little more about the project manager for the Porsche 914.

Richard Hetmann was his name, I think. What books have informantion on him?

Does anyone have pictures of him? Does anyone know what person designed the body aesthetically? Obviously it was a team, but who was the lead guy?

Somebody should collect the names of the guys that put the most work into the 914, or maybe it has already been published in a book.

At least we would know what to name our kids and what names to call out when we bust our knuckles.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Nov 14 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Two914s @ Nov 14 2006, 02:41 PM) *

I would like to know a little more about the project manager for the Porsche 914.

Does anyone have pictures of him? Does anyone know what person designed the body aesthetically? Obviously it was a team, but who was the lead guy?

Somebody should collect the names of the guys that put the most work into the 914, or maybe it has already been published in a book.

At least we would know what to name our kids and what names to call out when we bust our knuckles.

if you can read german, buy the book "Das Grosse VW-Porsche Buch" (look on ebay) ...

it has all your answers, and much, much, much more ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Andy

PS: i currently use the books cover as my avatar ...
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Nov 14 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #3

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

I suppose that I need to catch up on my german b4 i buy that book?
+Quote Post
SGB
post Nov 15 2006, 07:28 AM
Post #4

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

The body was not an in-house design. It was selected by a panal from a submission by Gugilot, a design firm in Ulm, Germany
+Quote Post
johannes
post Nov 15 2006, 08:06 AM
Post #5

Club Porsche 914 France President

Member No.: 5,409
Region Association: France

QUOTE(SGB @ Nov 15 2006, 05:28 AM) *

The body was not an in-house design. It was selected by a panal from a submission by Gugilot, a design firm in Ulm, Germany

hummm ... not that shure ... please read the famous mythbuster thread ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51265
+Quote Post
SGB
post Nov 15 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #6

just visiting

Member No.: 404

wow.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Nov 15 2006, 09:01 AM
Post #7

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

yep, that is a funny myth that Porsche didn't design the 914. Must have been from the same rumorstarters that the 914 isn't a real Porsche, only has a bus engine blah blah....
+Quote Post
Two914s
post Nov 15 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,184

And who were the rest of the technical guys on the 914 Project? I would like to meet the guy that designed the tailshifter linkage. I guess I need to get that buch.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Nov 15 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #9

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(johannes @ Nov 15 2006, 06:06 AM) *

please read the famous mythbuster thread ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51265

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
Nici
post Mar 13 2012, 11:15 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 14,248
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Two914s @ Nov 14 2006, 11:41 PM) *

Hello. Richard Hetmann was my granbdfather. Unfortunately, he passed away on April 1st, 2000. He also designed the gear for the tank Leo (which can drive through water). If you want more information, send me a private message.

Yours, Nicole Hetmann
+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 13 2012, 11:19 AM
Post #11

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

Cool! We all want to know more 914 info! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

Got any old pictures of the 914 assembly line? Those are my favorite.
+Quote Post
championgt1
post Mar 13 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #12

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Member No.: 7,420
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Nici @ Mar 13 2012, 10:15 AM) *

Hello. Richard Hetmann was my granbdfather. Unfortunately, he passed away on April 1st, 2000. He also designed the gear for the tank Leo (which can drive through water). If you want more information, send me a private message.

Yours, Nicole Hetmann

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) Like Mark said. Any more info?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
carr914
post Mar 13 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #13

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

QUOTE(Nici @ Mar 13 2012, 01:15 PM) *

Yours, Nicole Hetmann

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 13 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #14

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(Nici @ Mar 13 2012, 09:15 AM) *

Yours, Nicole Hetmann

Nicole,
Private messages keep secrets... Your grandfather is part of our shared history here. Tell us all what you know. Thank you for coming forward. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
Nici
post Mar 13 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 13 2012, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Nici @ Mar 13 2012, 09:15 AM) *

Yours, Nicole Hetmann

Nicole,
Private messages keep secrets... Your grandfather is part of our shared history here. Tell us all what you know. Thank you for coming forward. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Richard Hetmann grew up in Austria, close to Vienna. After ww2 he left with his wife and settled in Germany. Sharing at a very low wage, he was working very hard for his 40 patents at porsche. Porsche was to him not only a car, more like a way to see the world. Besides his successful job he was a warm -hearted man who truly loved and cared for his family.
Unfortunately, he was run over by a car in florence, Italy.
Now he is buried in Germany, together with his wife and one of his grandsons.
+Quote Post
bulitt
post Mar 13 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #16

Achtzylinder

Member No.: 13,632

So sorry to hear of his untimely passing. Sharing information about his life, and passion for Porsche will most certainly keep his memory alive.
+Quote Post
Nici
post Mar 13 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(bulitt @ Mar 13 2012, 10:32 PM) *

So sorry to here of his untimely passing. Sharing information about his life, and passion for Porsche will most certainly keep his memory alive.

Porsche928

The man on the right side on the first picture is Richard Hetmann
+Quote Post
hetmann
post Mar 13 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 14,249

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/photos.stuttcars.info-419-1331738772.1.jpg)

on this picture he is the 2nd man of left side behind

914 was his project he answered all problems and questions, every porsche got an another leader, and 914 was his baby, my father has many construction plans, but he doesn´t show it somebody...

but nici said something wrong he had just an idea of the tank leo 2, and not worked at the tank leo 1!!! he had hated tanks and didn´t want to work for a mashine that kill human!

i got some uniques made from richard hetmann out of parts of porsche or some goodbye gifts of the leaders like from "Prof. DR.-Ing. E. h. HELMUTH BOTT" from 2.7.87 or 2.1.81 (i can´t read his handwriting very well)

i´m richard hetmann grandson, brother of Nici. and if i found this thread i started to cry because i thought he was already forgotten, and then i saw, somebody were interested of him
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 13 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #19

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Wow! This is a very special treat for us all here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) and thank you for sharing with us! We are all interesting in the history of these little cars and welcome anything you feel you can share. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post Mar 13 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #20

Ski Bum

Member No.: 128

QUOTE(hetmann @ Mar 13 2012, 03:28 PM) *

http://photos.stuttcars.info/upload/2011/1...ght-porsche.jpg

on this picture he is the 2nd man of left side behind

914 was his project he answered all problems and questions, every porsche got an another leader, and 914 was his baby, my father has many construction plans, but he doesn´t show it somebody...

but nici said something wrong he had just an idea of the tank leo 2, and not worked at the tank leo 1!!! he had hated tanks and didn´t want to work for a mashine that kill human!

i got some uniques made from richard hetmann out of parts of porsche or some goodbye gifts of the leaders like from "Prof. DR.-Ing. E. h. HELMUTH BOTT" from 2.7.87 or 2.1.81 (i can´t read his handwriting very well)

i´m richard hetmann grandson, brother of Nici. and if i found this thread i started to cry because i thought he was already forgotten, and then i saw, somebody were interested of him

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

And do any of his relatives still own a 914?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 08:17 AM