Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 History: Richard Hetmann
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Two914s
I would like to know a little more about the project manager for the Porsche 914.

Richard Hetmann was his name, I think. What books have informantion on him?

Does anyone have pictures of him? Does anyone know what person designed the body aesthetically? Obviously it was a team, but who was the lead guy?

Somebody should collect the names of the guys that put the most work into the 914, or maybe it has already been published in a book.

At least we would know what to name our kids and what names to call out when we bust our knuckles.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Two914s @ Nov 14 2006, 02:41 PM) *

I would like to know a little more about the project manager for the Porsche 914.

Does anyone have pictures of him? Does anyone know what person designed the body aesthetically? Obviously it was a team, but who was the lead guy?

Somebody should collect the names of the guys that put the most work into the 914, or maybe it has already been published in a book.

At least we would know what to name our kids and what names to call out when we bust our knuckles.

if you can read german, buy the book "Das Grosse VW-Porsche Buch" (look on ebay) ...

it has all your answers, and much, much, much more ...
smile.gif Andy

PS: i currently use the books cover as my avatar ...
bd1308
I suppose that I need to catch up on my german b4 i buy that book?
SGB
The body was not an in-house design. It was selected by a panal from a submission by Gugilot, a design firm in Ulm, Germany
johannes
QUOTE(SGB @ Nov 15 2006, 05:28 AM) *

The body was not an in-house design. It was selected by a panal from a submission by Gugilot, a design firm in Ulm, Germany

hummm ... not that shure ... please read the famous mythbuster thread ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51265
SGB
wow.
Bleyseng
yep, that is a funny myth that Porsche didn't design the 914. Must have been from the same rumorstarters that the 914 isn't a real Porsche, only has a bus engine blah blah....
Two914s

And who were the rest of the technical guys on the 914 Project? I would like to meet the guy that designed the tailshifter linkage. I guess I need to get that buch.
SirAndy
QUOTE(johannes @ Nov 15 2006, 06:06 AM) *

please read the famous mythbuster thread ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51265

agree.gif
Nici
QUOTE(Two914s @ Nov 14 2006, 11:41 PM) *

Hello. Richard Hetmann was my granbdfather. Unfortunately, he passed away on April 1st, 2000. He also designed the gear for the tank Leo (which can drive through water). If you want more information, send me a private message.

Yours, Nicole Hetmann
McMark
Cool! We all want to know more 914 info! drooley.gif

Got any old pictures of the 914 assembly line? Those are my favorite.
championgt1
QUOTE(Nici @ Mar 13 2012, 10:15 AM) *

Hello. Richard Hetmann was my granbdfather. Unfortunately, he passed away on April 1st, 2000. He also designed the gear for the tank Leo (which can drive through water). If you want more information, send me a private message.

Yours, Nicole Hetmann

welcome.png Like Mark said. Any more info?
carr914
QUOTE(Nici @ Mar 13 2012, 01:15 PM) *

Yours, Nicole Hetmann

welcome.png
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Nici @ Mar 13 2012, 09:15 AM) *

Yours, Nicole Hetmann

Nicole,
Private messages keep secrets... Your grandfather is part of our shared history here. Tell us all what you know. Thank you for coming forward. welcome.png
Nici
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 13 2012, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Nici @ Mar 13 2012, 09:15 AM) *

Yours, Nicole Hetmann

Nicole,
Private messages keep secrets... Your grandfather is part of our shared history here. Tell us all what you know. Thank you for coming forward. welcome.png

Richard Hetmann grew up in Austria, close to Vienna. After ww2 he left with his wife and settled in Germany. Sharing at a very low wage, he was working very hard for his 40 patents at porsche. Porsche was to him not only a car, more like a way to see the world. Besides his successful job he was a warm -hearted man who truly loved and cared for his family.
Unfortunately, he was run over by a car in florence, Italy.
Now he is buried in Germany, together with his wife and one of his grandsons.
bulitt
So sorry to hear of his untimely passing. Sharing information about his life, and passion for Porsche will most certainly keep his memory alive.
Nici
QUOTE(bulitt @ Mar 13 2012, 10:32 PM) *

So sorry to here of his untimely passing. Sharing information about his life, and passion for Porsche will most certainly keep his memory alive.

Porsche928

The man on the right side on the first picture is Richard Hetmann
hetmann
IPB Image

on this picture he is the 2nd man of left side behind

914 was his project he answered all problems and questions, every porsche got an another leader, and 914 was his baby, my father has many construction plans, but he doesn´t show it somebody...

but nici said something wrong he had just an idea of the tank leo 2, and not worked at the tank leo 1!!! he had hated tanks and didn´t want to work for a mashine that kill human!

i got some uniques made from richard hetmann out of parts of porsche or some goodbye gifts of the leaders like from "Prof. DR.-Ing. E. h. HELMUTH BOTT" from 2.7.87 or 2.1.81 (i can´t read his handwriting very well)

i´m richard hetmann grandson, brother of Nici. and if i found this thread i started to cry because i thought he was already forgotten, and then i saw, somebody were interested of him
rick 918-S
Wow! This is a very special treat for us all here! welcome.png and thank you for sharing with us! We are all interesting in the history of these little cars and welcome anything you feel you can share. welcome.png
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(hetmann @ Mar 13 2012, 03:28 PM) *

http://photos.stuttcars.info/upload/2011/1...ght-porsche.jpg

on this picture he is the 2nd man of left side behind

914 was his project he answered all problems and questions, every porsche got an another leader, and 914 was his baby, my father has many construction plans, but he doesn´t show it somebody...

but nici said something wrong he had just an idea of the tank leo 2, and not worked at the tank leo 1!!! he had hated tanks and didn´t want to work for a mashine that kill human!

i got some uniques made from richard hetmann out of parts of porsche or some goodbye gifts of the leaders like from "Prof. DR.-Ing. E. h. HELMUTH BOTT" from 2.7.87 or 2.1.81 (i can´t read his handwriting very well)

i´m richard hetmann grandson, brother of Nici. and if i found this thread i started to cry because i thought he was already forgotten, and then i saw, somebody were interested of him

welcome.png

And do any of his relatives still own a 914?? drooley.gif
g911
welcome.png Thank you for sharing. Once these little cars enter our bloodstreams, we became hopelessly addicted. We collectively live to expand our knowledge of them smoke.gif .
SirAndy

Richard, Nici,
Herzlich Willkommen auf 914world.com und viele Grüße aus dem sonnigen Kalifornien!

Wir sind hier alle sehr an historischen Informationen über den 914er interessiert und euer Großvater war ohne Zweifel ein großer Einfluss für das 914 Projekt bei Porsche.

Vielen dank für eure Beiträge. Bilder und Hintergrund Informationen sind hier immer sehr willkommen.

first.gif
Dave_Darling
Nici and Richard, thank you so much for telling us more about your grandfather! We are rather (as you can see) attached to these cars that he helped create. Anything else you can share about your grandfather would be wonderful!

--DD
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 14 2012, 12:17 AM) *

Richard, Nici,
Herzlich Willkommen auf 914world.com und viele Grüße aus dem sonnigen Kalifornien!

Wir sind hier alle sehr an historischen Informationen über den 914er interessiert und euer Großvater war ohne Zweifel ein großer Einfluss für das 914 Projekt bei Porsche.

Vielen dank für eure Beiträge. Bilder und Hintergrund Informationen sind hier immer sehr willkommen.

first.gif

agree.gif

welcome.png ... aus Tirol, Österreich

beerchug.gif
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 13 2012, 07:41 PM) *

Nici and Richard, thank you so much for telling us more about your grandfather! We are rather (as you can see) attached to these cars that he helped create. Anything else you can share about your grandfather would be wonderful!

--DD

Nici and Richard,

I agree 100%. This group would love nothing more than to hear more about your grandfather and his work. So feel free to share anything such as stories, photos, etc.

welcome.png

Richard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.