Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bill in his Boxster, trackside video clips from Sears 11-12-06
nine14cats
post Nov 14 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #21

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

QUOTE(trekkor @ Nov 14 2006, 05:43 PM) *

I'm not a fast driver by any means, but I know your lap times will drop big time, as my car enters 10 at 97mph and exits at 105mph (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

You should be able to carry more speed than me through there with all that tire.

My fastest times ( 2:00 ) leaves me a few inches off the exit strip/berm.
That's close enough for me.

I've seen maniac racers from this same vantage point drop BOTH driver's side wheels in the dirt at the end of the exit of 10 after the rumble strip...INSANE!!

KT

We'll need to put my datalogger in your car and check out how many g's you're pulling through there.

As far as putting two wheels off in 10....I'd need to change my shorts with that wall right there!

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Nov 14 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

I knew it would be VERY important to your driving future to help you get into a car that Doris could drive and get up to speed quickly in it. I personally beleive she will find it more rewarding than you do!!

I also beleive you will be a LOT faster in the 911 or the 914 later on.

Oh.. dont be afraid of coasting. Nathan will tell you: "we coast in karts" you are driving an overgrown go kart. It may be better to coast in certain situations. It took me awhile to get into this thought process. It was professional kart instruction that taught me this (over the last 2 years)

B
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Nov 14 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #23

914 Freak!

Trek,

what do you have that is telling you the entrance and exit speed for 10?

Curious

B
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Nov 14 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #24

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

datalogger in your car

That would be awesome.

If you watched my in-car from my run in October, ( 2:01 ) , it would be interesting to compare your speeds to mine in various "key" turns at their apexes.

2- 57mph
6- 80mph
9- 100mph
10- 100mph

Thanks

Based on video from in-car where the tach is visible, then using gear rpm-speed spreadsheet.
"S" 4th@ 6700 rpms=97mph, for example.

Also quick "sneak-a-peeks" while driving. My speedo reads 10 mph fast. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

KT
+Quote Post
DanT
post Nov 14 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #25

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

QUOTE(nine14cats @ Nov 14 2006, 05:43 PM) *

Do I like this car?

Oh Yeah! Many of us have thought the Boxster would be a good track platform but there hasn't been more than a few to try and get one battle ready. Just like Trekkor's short movies show, the car is stable. And if I had hooked up my in car camera you would have seen us driving around in a very predictable, conservative manner. No driving at the limit, none of it.

I'm convinced we will eventually be very quick in this car on the track. One year from now we will have some very respectable times. And all of this from a 2.5L base boxster. The car is fun to drive. Reminds me of my 914-6.

Bill P.

I believe we had this conversation last year about this time before you bought Fritz...
when you were looking at a SB (spec Box) to purchase or Fritz...

I felt then as I do now that the SB is a great platform and will become more popular as folks see what you have done....First real SB in Norcal for folks to see and touch... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The more Ken Mack looks at the pics of the build he keeps giving me that look of "we should be doing one of these" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I can hardly wait to instruct Doris in Lucille next year....this is going to be lots of fun and I am sure that she is going to love the way the SB drives.

In the Vids that Trekkor took the car looks very stable and should be very quick once it is dialed in...
I guess there will be no more bench racing (fibbing) about the drivers performance with the "nanny" on board (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burnout.gif)

I promise not to turn quicker times than you with Doris in the passenger seat....
where is that Laguna video? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Nov 15 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #26

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

I don't know what I was thinking.
I should have asked for a ride with you, Bill. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

KT
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Nov 15 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #27

914 Freak!

Dan,

Can you make it Thill in Dec.? I may make the drive up with the black car.

I would like instruction from you if it all possible.. or a Buttonwillow day..

B
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:35 PM