Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Misfire
Ctrout
post Nov 15 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,091

I put brand new plug wires in my car about 2 years ago. They were just basic, stock type wires. The weather here has started to turn cold and rainy and my car has started to have a pretty bad miss untit I have driven the car for about 15 minutes. I thought it might be being caused by moisture in the wires but I parked it in the garage while it was warmed up and drove it again after it had a day to rest. I pulled one of the wires to check for spark and I got a shock. Sounds to me like I might need new wires. What do you all think? What wires should I gaet? The car is pretty much stock. I was thinking Jacobs. Aren't they the ones that have the vulcanized boots to keep out moisture? Lifetime warranty too right? Where can I find them? I did several searches but there wasn't much info on the Jacobs wires.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Nov 15 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #2

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

its amazing what a simple tuneup will fix.
+Quote Post
toon1
post Nov 15 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,022

I'm not familiar with L-jet but my D-jet car does the same thing. It is caused by the fuel mixture being too lean during cold start. Once the engine is at operating temp., things are fine.
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Nov 15 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 391

You might want to try the "running the car at night with the lights off" test and see if there are any strange glows that show up, especially at the boots or places where the wires are close to metal. Sounds like the wires have deteriorated over time and might need replacement. If the engine is stock, I would stay with stock wires.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:44 PM