Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misfire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ctrout
I put brand new plug wires in my car about 2 years ago. They were just basic, stock type wires. The weather here has started to turn cold and rainy and my car has started to have a pretty bad miss untit I have driven the car for about 15 minutes. I thought it might be being caused by moisture in the wires but I parked it in the garage while it was warmed up and drove it again after it had a day to rest. I pulled one of the wires to check for spark and I got a shock. Sounds to me like I might need new wires. What do you all think? What wires should I gaet? The car is pretty much stock. I was thinking Jacobs. Aren't they the ones that have the vulcanized boots to keep out moisture? Lifetime warranty too right? Where can I find them? I did several searches but there wasn't much info on the Jacobs wires.
bd1308
its amazing what a simple tuneup will fix.
toon1
I'm not familiar with L-jet but my D-jet car does the same thing. It is caused by the fuel mixture being too lean during cold start. Once the engine is at operating temp., things are fine.
john rogers
You might want to try the "running the car at night with the lights off" test and see if there are any strange glows that show up, especially at the boots or places where the wires are close to metal. Sounds like the wires have deteriorated over time and might need replacement. If the engine is stock, I would stay with stock wires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.