Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Door hinge bolts....finish?
1970 Neun vierzehn
post Nov 15 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

How are the bolts holding the door hinges on a '70 supposed to be finished? Mine are body colored, with a flat, painted finish. I've seen some later 914s that had a cad finish on them. And I've even seen some that were painted w/a glossy finish. Since I've never waxed, only cleaned these, I don't know if the paint has dulled over the last 36 years or perhaps they came dingy looking from the factory.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Nov 15 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 15 2006, 03:52 PM) *

How are the bolts holding the door hinges on a '70 supposed to be finished? Mine are body colored, with a flat, painted finish. I've seen some later 914s that had a cad finish on them. And I've even seen some that were painted w/a glossy finish. Since I've never waxed, only cleaned these, I don't know if the paint has dulled over the last 36 years or perhaps they came dingy looking from the factory.

body color on my '70. no difference to the rest of the paint, so i'm assuming yours just faded a bit ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Nov 15 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #3

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 15 2006, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 15 2006, 03:52 PM) *

body color on my '70. no difference to the rest of the paint, so i'm assuming yours just faded a bit ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Andy

Andy is correct.
Door hindge bolts are same as body color (all years). Remember the door hindge pin is yellow di-chromate (see picture).

Tom

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Nov 16 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #4

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

Painted body color. Q-tip & wax will bring 'em back. Or.....tape floss & toothpaste, with moderate pressure. Works!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 12:26 PM