Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> O/T Received incredible service tonight!, I really thought the service industry was dead in the US
jwalters
post Nov 15 2006, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Sooo Close.......

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

I went out tonight for some much deserved R&R. I decided to go to the Outback restaurant. I really was not up for dressing up for some shwanky place on the strip. So I went slumming it. I was happy, as I received word that I start my new(!!!!) LOCAL job on Friday!!!

Yippie -Horay!! No more trapseing all over the country doing contract work! Gonna stay local, job is only 6 miles from house! (In south Florida that is a BIG deal, NO commute at all!!!!)

So here I am, slumming it and drinking very heavily - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

And I am sitting at the bar, and my server who is assigned my stool is not all that great (I know because I have had her before, well, she sucks really) But her bar mate is on the ball!

She keeps me watered (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (beer'd up) and fed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) like I have not experienced in years!! Very friendly, big smile, has a new beer ready for me as I am downing the last of the one I already got. And it was pretty busy at that in there.

And all I could think all night I was there was: " this job sucks, it is bottom basement being a server -I know from my youth -but she is DOING HER JOB!!! "

She was surely of latin decent and working her ass off while the other one kinda floundered along -

After my run-in with cock jockey today, THEN getting the call up to a REAL job with REAL growth potential, then getting A++ service at a place known for substandard - well

Damn, I feel pretty good right now! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I do believe my fortunes are finally starting to turn! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Nov 15 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #2

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

Congrats on the job dude! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) Along the same lines as before or are you venturing out into something new? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
jwalters
post Nov 15 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #3

Sooo Close.......

Member No.: 2,068
Region Association: Europe

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 15 2006, 07:57 PM) *

Congrats on the job dude! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) Along the same lines as before or are you venturing out into something new? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thanks - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Just a good job with good pay and outstanding benefits - This is my way to finally do what we talked about before - just a little more time is all ----

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Nov 16 2006, 02:22 AM
Post #4

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

I like Outback great prime rib and pritty girls, congrats on the new job.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 08:28 PM