Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> From: Freakin Yah! I think I fixed the fouling problem, From Topic ID: 64245
tdgray
post Nov 18 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #1

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Group: Members
Member No.: 984
Region Association: None

So I went out to the garage the other day to start putting the babies up for the winter.

Part of the routine is to check all the fluids, move the cars into place and disconnect the batteries.

Checked the MGA... all fluids good tires pumped up...ready to be put to bed.

Next the 914 (at this point I am still mad at her). Check the oil... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

The dipstick shows about a quart and a half high... and it smells like gas. SHIT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Then I remember. After I did all the work isolating the CS Valve replacing the injectors swapping the trigger points and the dizzy... I never changed the oil.

It was filled with gas, most likely from the malfunctioning CS valve and the old leaky injectors. At least I hope.

After changing the oil today and putting in a fresh set of plugs it appears to be better. Still some soot on the plugs but the ceramic is still white and the rich smell is much better.

I still think I need to replace the FI harness and tweek a couple of things but I think I am at least on the right path.

I am going to run her a bit more and make sure that the rebuilt injectors are not leaking.

Oh yea and she is running much better.... taking turns at 40 again like it should (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Nov 18 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #2

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

I get a ride in the MGA for those trigger points (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Nov 18 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #3

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

BTW, keep them...all of my djet is gone as of tomorrow.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 12:04 AM