Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From: Freakin Yah! I think I fixed the fouling problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
So I went out to the garage the other day to start putting the babies up for the winter.

Part of the routine is to check all the fluids, move the cars into place and disconnect the batteries.

Checked the MGA... all fluids good tires pumped up...ready to be put to bed.

Next the 914 (at this point I am still mad at her). Check the oil... WTF.gif

The dipstick shows about a quart and a half high... and it smells like gas. SHIT sad.gif

Then I remember. After I did all the work isolating the CS Valve replacing the injectors swapping the trigger points and the dizzy... I never changed the oil.

It was filled with gas, most likely from the malfunctioning CS valve and the old leaky injectors. At least I hope.

After changing the oil today and putting in a fresh set of plugs it appears to be better. Still some soot on the plugs but the ceramic is still white and the rich smell is much better.

I still think I need to replace the FI harness and tweek a couple of things but I think I am at least on the right path.

I am going to run her a bit more and make sure that the rebuilt injectors are not leaking.

Oh yea and she is running much better.... taking turns at 40 again like it should biggrin.gif
bd1308
I get a ride in the MGA for those trigger points smile.gif
bd1308
BTW, keep them...all of my djet is gone as of tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.