Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 5-lug rear disk rotors, Will early 911 disks fit converted 4-bolt hubs?
m_davidson
post Nov 20 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,156

I will be converting my rear wheels to 5-bolt as part of a 914-6 conversion. I have a set of early 4-bolt hubs redrilled to the 5-lug pattern. Will the early 911/912 rear solid disks fit these hubs with stock calipers?

I notice the Performance part numbers for the 914-6 vented disks are the same as for the early 911 vented disks. The early 911 solid disk diameter and thickness seem to be about the same as for the 4-bolt disks. I realize the inner 911 hand-brake surface will not be used with the 914 hand-brake.

Mel
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Nov 20 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

They work fine!

Some of the rear calipers are not all created equal so I test fit the rotors with the caliper torqued down over it. Spin it without pads in the caliper and make sure it is not rubbing on the caliper. I have seen some calipers that are twisted on their assembly through bolts.

The concern: rotor growth under pro-longed use. The rotors will grow several MM's in some cases depending on what brake pad you use and how hard you are on the brakes.

Bottom line: check the clearance and clearance the calipers if needed.

B
+Quote Post
m_davidson
post Nov 20 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,156

Thanks Brad,

One advantage of the early 911 disks is that they seem readily available new for a reasonable price. I suppose if there isn't enough clearance, I could always have them machined down.

Mel
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:04 PM