Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5-lug rear disk rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
m_davidson
I will be converting my rear wheels to 5-bolt as part of a 914-6 conversion. I have a set of early 4-bolt hubs redrilled to the 5-lug pattern. Will the early 911/912 rear solid disks fit these hubs with stock calipers?

I notice the Performance part numbers for the 914-6 vented disks are the same as for the early 911 vented disks. The early 911 solid disk diameter and thickness seem to be about the same as for the 4-bolt disks. I realize the inner 911 hand-brake surface will not be used with the 914 hand-brake.

Mel
Brad Roberts
They work fine!

Some of the rear calipers are not all created equal so I test fit the rotors with the caliper torqued down over it. Spin it without pads in the caliper and make sure it is not rubbing on the caliper. I have seen some calipers that are twisted on their assembly through bolts.

The concern: rotor growth under pro-longed use. The rotors will grow several MM's in some cases depending on what brake pad you use and how hard you are on the brakes.

Bottom line: check the clearance and clearance the calipers if needed.

B
m_davidson
Thanks Brad,

One advantage of the early 911 disks is that they seem readily available new for a reasonable price. I suppose if there isn't enough clearance, I could always have them machined down.

Mel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.