Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Can this sail panel be fixed?, ...and what can be done to prevent later
boxsterfan
post Nov 11 2003, 10:02 PM
Post #1

914's are kewl

Group: Members
Member No.: 791
Region Association: Northern California

For those who have leaking rear windows (that would be all of you), this might be a bit gruesome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Can this sail panel be fixed without cutting it out and replacing with a whole new (to me) one?

Drivers Sail Panel \"Head-On\"

Drivers Sail Panel \"Side View\"

Drivers Sail Panel \"Side View 2\"

This car is planned to be acid dipped. If this can be fixed with fiberglass or other material, what can be done to help protect the inside of the sail panel? I stuck a flashlight up to it, and of course. there is surface rust all over inside the panel. Is there a "foam" that could be squirted in there? Or squirt as much POR-15 as possible in there and then fill with a water resistant foam? Or....?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
boxsterfan   Can this sail panel be fixed?   Nov 11 2003, 10:02 PM
Andyrew   From what I have heard, foam is bad, the foam may ...   Nov 11 2003, 10:31 PM
type47fan   What sail panels? Those pics look like shots of t...   Nov 11 2003, 11:13 PM
SirAndy   NO foam NO fiberglass if you go through all the h...   Nov 11 2003, 11:32 PM
kafermeister   <...   Nov 12 2003, 06:11 AM
boxsterfan  
  Nov 12 2003, 09:35 AM
mr914   There is rust in Arizona? I agree, find a suitabl...   Nov 12 2003, 09:39 AM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:51 PM