Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> '6 Conversion, Shop options?
Lavanaut
post Nov 23 2006, 02:41 PM
Post #1

Hungry Mind : Thirsty Gullet

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,265
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The PO of my teener had been quoted a price for a turn-key 6 conversion from Motor Meister. Had he not sold it to someone, he was going to go that route. The quote is for the choice of either a 2.4 911S or 2.7Rs engine. Parts came to $7995, labor to about $3200.

That's out of my price range for the foreseeable future, and at this point I'm not even sure that I want to go the Six route. BUT, that quote left me with a few questions:

1. What do folks on the board think about those price numbers? Like I said, I'd be looking for turn-key, I'm no where near the point of being able to tackle something like this myself.

2. I've heard a lot of souls on this board with only or mostly negative things to say about Motor Meister (did I read that they use used/reconditioned parts)? Anyone who has experience with MM care to chime in?

3. Let's say MM is not the way to go....and this is the main part of my question ~ what other options are out there?

That's a lot, I know. But it seems like everyone likes to talk about Sixes (except maybe the Big-4-only crowd), so I thought I might get some good feedback.

Thanks, and happy T-Day!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 21)
Aaron Cox
post Dec 5 2006, 02:10 AM
Post #21

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

plane ticket and i will drive it there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Lavanaut
post Dec 5 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #22

Hungry Mind : Thirsty Gullet

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,265
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Series9 @ Dec 4 2006, 11:43 PM) *

Thanks guys.

I have room for another project, but the shipping is significant on this one.

PM Sent
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 05:43 PM