Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT Early Fords, Parts stash
GWN7
post Nov 26 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #1

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

So I drove out to the other house yesterday and did my part to reduce the wild animal/auto collisions (150g @ 2800fps) and then I drove over to another town have dinner with a lady friend. During dinner she tells me that she has bought a building from the town (tax sale) to put in a coin op carwash. The building next door is leaning over (I gather the foundation is done) and she inquires what the town is doing with this leaning building. They tell her that they are getting someone to tear it down and if she wants anything from the building to take it. So one day she goes looking inside.

The building was a Ford dealership (and they sold tractors) from the 30's until the early 70's until the owner died and his widow never ran the business afterwards. She passed about 20 yrs ago and the building was sold to some guy who owned it until he never payed the property taxes and then the town assumed ownership (they have owned it for 10 yrs or more).

While looking thru the building she discovers a third floor storage area and inside is a bunch of parts. Some still wrapped in the paper they came from the factory with parts number tags on them. There is a bunch of glass. One piece she says has a strap type hinge attached (fold down glass?). There are a bunch of torpedo headlights (30's vintage?) and a whole bunch of other stuff she has no idea what it is.

I'm going back out there again (to reduce the animal/auto collisions further) and have dinner again with her. Sunday were going to go thru the building and I'll be able to take a look and pictures of what's there.

Where should I look online to see what this stuff is worth?

Is there a early Ford board like this one, where I can post pictures to see if there is any interest in these parts?

She would like to sell the parts and give the money to the towns pool fund (their raising money for a swimming pool).

Note* Before anyone posts a "this thread is worthless without pictures" I wasn't prepared to go climbing thru a old building when it was -27 outside without the proper clothing/footwear in the dark at 9pm last night.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
GWN7   OT Early Fords   Nov 26 2006, 10:43 AM
boxstr   Bruce, Send me some pics. I will let you know what...   Nov 26 2006, 10:50 AM
t collins   The fordbarn.com and the earlyfordv8.org are good ...   Nov 26 2006, 10:54 AM
majkos   That's quite a find! :drooley: (I'm ...   Nov 26 2006, 10:57 AM
GWN7   Pictures next Sunday. I asked her if there was a...   Nov 26 2006, 11:00 AM
boxstr   Bruce, Send me the address I will see you next Sun...   Nov 26 2006, 11:25 AM
GWN7   LOL .... Wait till I have a look, it might turn ou...   Nov 26 2006, 11:58 AM
majkos   :popcorn: Lucky guy! Got a video camera? :po...   Nov 26 2006, 12:04 PM
shelby/914   Would you be mad if we all showed up at your house...   Nov 26 2006, 12:38 PM
GWN7   Would I be mad? Hell no.....just dress warm, it...   Nov 26 2006, 01:58 PM
mrhurtalot   i claim any '94 ford explorer ignitions......   Nov 26 2006, 03:51 PM
Ferg   Put me in line after Craig for any sign's or g...   Nov 26 2006, 04:08 PM
GWN7   Well it's a good thing no one showed up. It wa...   Dec 3 2006, 11:41 PM
GWN7   more.... If you can identify any of these parts l...   Dec 3 2006, 11:45 PM
GWN7   What it looked like outside.........   Dec 3 2006, 11:46 PM
GWN7   Middle rad has been identified.... 49- 53 Ford V8 ...   Dec 4 2006, 12:11 AM
LvSteveH   It's just like King Tuts Tomb, they found a lo...   Dec 4 2006, 12:24 AM
VegasRacer  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 06:19 PM