Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Early Fords
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
So I drove out to the other house yesterday and did my part to reduce the wild animal/auto collisions (150g @ 2800fps) and then I drove over to another town have dinner with a lady friend. During dinner she tells me that she has bought a building from the town (tax sale) to put in a coin op carwash. The building next door is leaning over (I gather the foundation is done) and she inquires what the town is doing with this leaning building. They tell her that they are getting someone to tear it down and if she wants anything from the building to take it. So one day she goes looking inside.

The building was a Ford dealership (and they sold tractors) from the 30's until the early 70's until the owner died and his widow never ran the business afterwards. She passed about 20 yrs ago and the building was sold to some guy who owned it until he never payed the property taxes and then the town assumed ownership (they have owned it for 10 yrs or more).

While looking thru the building she discovers a third floor storage area and inside is a bunch of parts. Some still wrapped in the paper they came from the factory with parts number tags on them. There is a bunch of glass. One piece she says has a strap type hinge attached (fold down glass?). There are a bunch of torpedo headlights (30's vintage?) and a whole bunch of other stuff she has no idea what it is.

I'm going back out there again (to reduce the animal/auto collisions further) and have dinner again with her. Sunday were going to go thru the building and I'll be able to take a look and pictures of what's there.

Where should I look online to see what this stuff is worth?

Is there a early Ford board like this one, where I can post pictures to see if there is any interest in these parts?

She would like to sell the parts and give the money to the towns pool fund (their raising money for a swimming pool).

Note* Before anyone posts a "this thread is worthless without pictures" I wasn't prepared to go climbing thru a old building when it was -27 outside without the proper clothing/footwear in the dark at 9pm last night.

boxstr
Bruce, Send me some pics. I will let you know what has value and where you might want to peddle the goods. Take pics of all of it, car and tractor.
Hey look for a FORD dealership sign of any kind, small medium or LARGE. I will take it. Or any other Ford signs or banners or ???
Thank you
Craig
t collins
The fordbarn.com and the earlyfordv8.org are good places to start.
I would like to know if you come up with any 1940 Ford parts.
Thanks,
Tom thumb3d.gif
majkos
That's quite a find! drooley.gif

(I'm a Ford freak too)
Dad got me into Ford's because of all the model A's he has.
wish I could walk through to see if there's anything he can use.

AHhh.......... if I could walk though would be a pleasure! wub.gif

Please get some pics!
GWN7
Pictures next Sunday.

I asked her if there was any papers (thinking dealer brochures/flyers) and she said there was boxes of stuff.

To a car guy, this will be like opening King Tuts tomb. smile.gif

I had a buddy that owned a 40 Ford deluxe. First car that I ever saw with a locking steering collum.
boxstr
Bruce, Send me the address I will see you next Sunday.
Craig
GWN7
LOL .... Wait till I have a look, it might turn out to be not worth the trip.

I'll be home next Sunday night with the pics, if I'm not it means there was too much stuff to get thru and I'll be home Monday wink.gif
majkos
popcorn[1].gif Lucky guy!

Got a video camera? popcorn[1].gif shocked[1].gif aktion035.gif
shelby/914
Would you be mad if we all showed up at your house? boldblue.gif Be sure to check for early Mustang/Shelby parts. Did you ever get to the USPO and pick up my check for the top holders ? No rush as it's suppose to finally get cold and snow here next week.
GWN7
Would I be mad? Hell no.....just dress warm, it's been a tad cold these past few days. smile.gif

As this was a small dealership I think the likelyhood of Shelby/Mustang parts might be small too. But I'll keep my eyes open. I do know where there is a compleat 70 GT500. A buddy bought in about 75 for $3800.

As to your parts, no, but I've finally kicked the viral infection which has prevented me from driving that far. They will be in the mail Wensday. I was going to go South last Thursday, but it was pointed out that the post office was closed. Something to do with Turkeys and football.
mrhurtalot
i claim any '94 ford explorer ignitions......

Ferg
Put me in line after Craig for any sign's or goodies that may be for sale in the near future. drooley.gif Super cool, can't wait to see pics.

Ferg biggrin.gif
GWN7
Well it's a good thing no one showed up. It was -30 here today.

Last night I mentioned to a buddy that I was going to look at a bunch of parts in the am and he asked where. So I told him the story. He then told me that the guy who bought the building and then let it go in the tax sale again cleaned out all the parts & signs that were in the building. Once he had all the inventory he had no use for the building, so why pay taxes........with hearing this I wasn't expecting a whole bunch of stuff.

The only interesting thing I found was a back up light for a 52 Ford in it's original box with the wiring and where to mount it paper instructions.

There is a about 10 more hubcaps that I haven't taken pics of.....tomorrow...
GWN7
more....

If you can identify any of these parts let me know....especially the rads
GWN7
What it looked like outside.........
GWN7
Middle rad has been identified.... 49- 53 Ford V8 rad
LvSteveH
It's just like King Tuts Tomb, they found a lot of empty one's first, smile.gif Maybe next time.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Dec 3 2006, 10:24 PM) *

It's just like King Tuts Tomb, they found a lot of empty one's first, smile.gif Maybe next time.

agree.gif sad.gif
TJB/914
GWN7

Wow, you got my attention being a FORD V/8 guy from day one. I have a complimintary life time membership from the V/8 FORD club of Amer. No current FORD cars, but lots of FORD friends. Any help you need let me know if we can help. Hopefully you find NOS stuff still in boxes, etc. If it's used stuff like shown (40 headlight covers & Flathead fuel pumps) it's not worth much. Keep us informed. We love stories like this.

Tom
iamchappy
Looks like the towns going to have to settle with a blowup kiddie pool.
GWN7
Yes the treasure was kind of skimpy. But that was to be expected when the vault was raided before. smile.gif

Which are the 40 headlight covers? Any help IDing what's what would help.

I grabbed the fuel pumps because I hadn't seen any with a glass sediment bowl before and thought they were interesting.

That's it for NOS stuff except for a windshield in a Ford box with the number written on the outside PN #46400

There is a pair of chrome trim pieces about 2.5' long X 3" wide X 3" tall that narrow to a point with three mounting bolts on the back. There is a paper tag on one that says "1A 1029028 R" (the second 1 could also be a 7) that are in pretty good shape (pictures 3 & 4 below the rads)
GWN7
Third rad has been IDed..... 38-9 1 1/2 ton Ford
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.