Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do I have an LE?, What does this stubby VIN tell me anyway?
crash914
post Dec 28 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #21

its a mystery to me

Group: Members
Member No.: 434
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hi Jens,

How is the car running? clutch ok?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
type4org
post Dec 28 2006, 10:58 AM
Post #22

You need PLAID!

Member No.: 6,212

QUOTE(crash914 @ Dec 28 2006, 11:46 AM) *

Hi Jens,

How is the car running? clutch ok?

After replacing those stupid sports mounts with real 914 mounts and a forced shifter readjustment since they had managed to break the long rod in the chassis tunnel during transport (!!) it's now running better than ever before. I just registered it today after slowly doing the necessary conversion work over the last few weeks.

Those sports mounts caused so much vibration and noise to be transferred, I thought something was wrong or out of balance with either the flywheel or the clutch/pressure plate. I'm glad it was the sports mounts instead.

The clutch has that wonderful light feel, there's no shaking when it engages, and all gears shift as smoothly as they should. Passing on the two-lane roads here is fun now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Thanks a lot again for the emergency help! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Oops, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hijacked.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
mrgreenjeans
post Feb 17 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #23

mrgreenjeans

Member No.: 7,520
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(type4org @ Dec 5 2006, 01:11 PM) *

<!-- quoteo(post=828788:date=Dec 3 2006, 06:26 PM:name=Jeff Bowlsby) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Dec 3 2006, 06:26 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!-- quotec -->
Pretty sure Jens. Looks like it has the brackets. What do the ends at the wheel wells look like? The OEM part is very distinctive.
<!-- QuoteEnd --></div><!-- QuoteEEnd -->

I think we have a winner, this is indeed the "real" spoiler on mine:

Way too cool......never have seen a real one of these yet....they were all faked out without the O.E look to the ends, and no Porsche Part number. This is GREAT documentation for the club to see. Sure would be fun to count up the responses of those guys with L.E. 's that have the documentation like this.....

THANKS !!!!!
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Feb 17 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #24

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Way to go, Jens. My 76 still had a LE spoiler on it when I bought it in 95, although I managed to smash it a year later. I had a fake spoiler for a few years then went to a metal stock valance for fun.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:04 PM