Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> temporary motor swap?, dumb idea? probably
machina
post Nov 13 2003, 12:30 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 848

Since I have the 2 liter just sitting there, I was thinking about pulling the motor, installing some carbs, and putting it in the racecar.

I'm still not sure how I will build the racemotor yet, so why not see how this thing runs?

Right now I am leaning towards E Prodution spec which is limited to 1968cc. Carbs have to be weber 40 IDF or Solex 40 with 38mm vtri.

Might be more competitive in FP though based on what I have seen down here in the southeast.

If I run with PBOC, they pretty much don't care what kind of 4 cyl you have in the car. If it is prepared beyond stock, they stick you in R7 which puts you with stock type 3.0 and 3.2 liter 911's. They are heavy as hell but have more power.

There is a set of 40's on ebay now for not much money.

anyway,
just thinking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

dr
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
redshift
post Nov 13 2003, 02:20 PM
Post #2

Bless the Hell out of you!

Group: Members
Member No.: 869

3 people are going to think you are wasting time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) they won't reply.

Everyone else here is insane (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) they will say do it.

I think it would give you something to do for a few hours one afternoon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) and give you a chance to wring out the chassis before the next step.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) .. then, I would tell you that I am a banana from Mars (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) and I knew Ronald McDonald (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) back in kindergarden.

Oh, 1 vote 'Ok' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

M
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Nov 13 2003, 02:35 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I've done it, had the motor in the car for 3 days before I sold it (the engine)...it's much easier to sell an engine that is running so that the prospective buyer can test drive it and run the numbers.........

You could always just test the motor on the floor, but what fun is that????

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 12:07 AM