Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: temporary motor swap?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
Since I have the 2 liter just sitting there, I was thinking about pulling the motor, installing some carbs, and putting it in the racecar.

I'm still not sure how I will build the racemotor yet, so why not see how this thing runs?

Right now I am leaning towards E Prodution spec which is limited to 1968cc. Carbs have to be weber 40 IDF or Solex 40 with 38mm vtri.

Might be more competitive in FP though based on what I have seen down here in the southeast.

If I run with PBOC, they pretty much don't care what kind of 4 cyl you have in the car. If it is prepared beyond stock, they stick you in R7 which puts you with stock type 3.0 and 3.2 liter 911's. They are heavy as hell but have more power.

There is a set of 40's on ebay now for not much money.

anyway,
just thinking idea.gif

dr
redshift
3 people are going to think you are wasting time mad.gif they won't reply.

Everyone else here is insane happy11.gif they will say do it.

I think it would give you something to do for a few hours one afternoon wink.gif and give you a chance to wring out the chassis before the next step.. smash.gif .. then, I would tell you that I am a banana from Mars mueba.gif and I knew Ronald McDonald chowtime.gif icon8.gif back in kindergarden.

Oh, 1 vote 'Ok' smilie_pokal.gif

M
Mueller
I've done it, had the motor in the car for 3 days before I sold it (the engine)...it's much easier to sell an engine that is running so that the prospective buyer can test drive it and run the numbers.........

You could always just test the motor on the floor, but what fun is that????

smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.