Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> i'm southbound, holiday driving
firstknight13
post Nov 30 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,817

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) well i'll be driving from manchester, ct. to melbourne fla. leaving on dec. 25 and returning about a week later. i will be driving on I-95 south all the way......... oh did i mention i will be driving the 914.. so if there are any contact people along the way if i break down i would appreciate phone #> I DO HAVE AAA and my son is following in his eclipse. MAYBE I COULD HOOK UP WITH SOME FLA 914 people. also i would like to drive the dragons tail in ga. thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
URY914
post Nov 30 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #2

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

The dragon's tail is a long way from I-95.

There is a list of Florida members in my blog.

Good luck!
+Quote Post
Jax914
post Dec 1 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #3

Schwienhund Rennenmannshaft

Member No.: 6,602
Region Association: South East States

I'm about 5 miles off the southern 295 / 95 loop around Jacksonville. I'll PM you a phone number if you want to drop by / meet or if you need anything while traveling through.

Troy
+Quote Post
ein 6er
post Dec 1 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #4

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 300

DUDE!!!

i'm in melbourne!!! i'll be in n.c. for x-mas for a few days but should be back while you are here. we'll have to hook up, i'm in the phone book, indialantic.

hope your trip goes well.
+Quote Post
firstknight13
post Dec 1 2006, 09:52 PM
Post #5

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) you guys rock lookin forward to hooking up!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
PORobinSCHE
post Dec 2 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,484

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 30 2006, 10:27 PM) *

The dragon's tail is a long way from I-95.

There is a list of Florida members in my blog.

Good luck!

OMG,,, i am on a blog list... i have made it into the 21 century. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
ein 6er
post Dec 5 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #7

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 300

i was thinking .....
as a saftey measure for the drive, have you thought about getting a tow hitch on your son's car and then get one of david lee's tow bars from rennenmetal.com . incase of a breakdown. you could atleast tow it off of 95 or to a shop.

i recently bought one of his tow bars, great product!!

BTW, what is your name?

+Quote Post
firstknight13
post Dec 6 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #8

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) oh......... you can call me "ray" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Dec 7 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #9

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

...Or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Ray Jay... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Yo man, you are gonna do that trip on the tranny that I bandaided for you at the ECC? Are you nuts! I guess you dont really need the lower gears if there is no traffic and you stay on the freeway.

I'll be able to bail your ass out if you crap out by my house, but I wont be back until X-mass night. I wish I had a spare tranny I could throw in for ya.

May the force be with you!
+Quote Post
firstknight13
post Dec 7 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #10

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) dr. but you don't gots to call me "johnson" yea dr. i'm going to drive that "TRANNY" . i have the low gears and if i shit the bed i'll be at your house!!! i should make pa. by the time you do!!!! hey you could give sean a test on his tranny etiquette. since YOU taught him everything he knows (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ..... we could hook up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rocking nana.gif)
+Quote Post
firstknight13
post Dec 25 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #11

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ok leaving in 14 hours and man did i have a few problems!! electrical as in smoke (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) .... but that is all past so i'm off hope to see some of you down south ????? 95 south all the WAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
pfierb
post Dec 25 2006, 04:24 AM
Post #12

oldest member

From: The sign of good government in Connecticut is to keep raising taxes
Member No.: 4,008

QUOTE(firstknight13 @ Dec 25 2006, 01:06 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ok leaving in 14 hours and man did i have a few problems!! electrical as in smoke (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) .... but that is all past so i'm off hope to see some of you down south ????? 95 south all the WAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Good luck Ray.....That paint job of yours will blow their minds.

Paul
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Dec 25 2006, 08:16 AM
Post #13

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209

Good luck Ray.
When you get back stop by and tell me all about the trip.
Chris

<edit> There's a big article in the sunday courant about your route to FL. Its on the first page of the travel section - talks about trouble spots and such. If you didn't get a sunday paper I can give you my copy.
+Quote Post
firstknight13
post Dec 27 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #14

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) YAH we made it !!!!! the car was AWESOMEthe whole way averaging 80-85 except thru richmond way!!! idid break 100 a couple of times my kid who was following made a few complaints....slow down and NO weaving thru traffic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) temp in melbourne is a cool 57 ha hai left it was 40 or less..... well chexk in you guysfrom around here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 08:05 AM