Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Values for 1970 1.7's, Need some advice for insurance
Mhead
post Dec 3 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,302

I have been away for these car for years, but have owned a beautiful pair of 1970 bone stock 1.7's for the past 20 years... just took one out of storage and had everything refreshed...injectors, fuel pump, brakes...you know all the stuff that craps out after years of sitting.

I have a question on valuing one of my cars...It's PERFECT in all respects (mechanics and cosmetics)absolutely stock...21k miles and a s/n that dates it from '69...Where can I can some help with a value on this one...BTW the other is a true european version...brought over after a stint in Germany...this one has a few more miles on it...33K
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
jimkelly
post Dec 3 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #2

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I bought my 1975 for $3500 and to me she is pretty sweet but low to medium quality repaint with a 1973 2.0 engine - state farm let me insure it for $5500 - what I asked them too but that is with antique plates and low annual mileage. Talk to your agent and shoot high - $10k to $15k of replacement value (edit: each car) if they are as nice as you indicate. - jim

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
BMartin914
post Dec 3 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #3

|||

Member No.: 2,128
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

sorry but...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif)
+Quote Post
BarberDave
post Dec 3 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #4

Barberdave

Member No.: 135
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
Buy your Ins. from a collector car Ins. Company. Do your do diligence, appraisal,for REPLACEMENT VALUE,send Pictures of all 4 sides, copies of all documentation. Think what would it cost to find and replace with another of the same Mileage and condition? You couldn't! I have a 73 ,i bought in 2000 ,body was restored in 1996 to perfect condition. Replaced to many mechanicals to list here between then and now, New engine last year. I have a statement from local foreign expert for replacement value in 2000 for $25,000,I carry $20,000 on it. Just don't under value your 914, better to have to much than to little. Some may take issue with this post but this is my 2 cents. Dave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Dec 3 2006, 11:08 AM
Post #5

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I agree 100% - Jim

QUOTE(BarberDave @ Dec 3 2006, 09:01 AM) *

Buy your Ins. from a collector car Ins. Company. Do your do diligence, appraisal,for REPLACEMENT VALUE,send Pictures of all 4 sides, copies of all documentation. Think what would it cost to find and replace with another of the same Mileage and condition? You couldn't! I have a 73 ,i bought in 2000 ,body was restored in 1996 to perfect condition. Replaced to many mechanicals to list here between then and now, New engine last year. I have a statement from local foreign expert for replacement value in 2000 for $25,000,I carry $20,000 on it. Just don't under value your 914, better to have to much than to little. Some may take issue with this post but this is my 2 cents. Dave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

+Quote Post
scotty b
post Dec 3 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #6

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

You cannot be believed until pictures have been produced (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Check out this car for a better idea of your cars werth. This is a 74 2.0 but has a similar condition and mileage. Your car in my opinion shouldn't be far off from this price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...1QQcmdZViewItem
+Quote Post
Mhead
post Dec 3 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,302

Searching for pictures...It's dark green,original paint, I think that there are very few examples this color. Will post as soon as I find them.

Thanks for all your replies.

Just drove the refurbed, white one home this afternoon...been six years since I've driven one of these...ran great...but boy I felt small driving down the hignway with all those SUVs blowing by me...
+Quote Post
BarberDave
post Dec 3 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #8

Barberdave

Member No.: 135
Region Association: Upper MidWest

This is a after thought,to my orginal Ans.

If we under value our 914's,they will never be anything but the Red Headed Step Child of the Porsche family. Now I'll get off my soap box! Dave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:25 AM