Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Values for 1970 1.7's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mhead
I have been away for these car for years, but have owned a beautiful pair of 1970 bone stock 1.7's for the past 20 years... just took one out of storage and had everything refreshed...injectors, fuel pump, brakes...you know all the stuff that craps out after years of sitting.

I have a question on valuing one of my cars...It's PERFECT in all respects (mechanics and cosmetics)absolutely stock...21k miles and a s/n that dates it from '69...Where can I can some help with a value on this one...BTW the other is a true european version...brought over after a stint in Germany...this one has a few more miles on it...33K
jimkelly
I bought my 1975 for $3500 and to me she is pretty sweet but low to medium quality repaint with a 1973 2.0 engine - state farm let me insure it for $5500 - what I asked them too but that is with antique plates and low annual mileage. Talk to your agent and shoot high - $10k to $15k of replacement value (edit: each car) if they are as nice as you indicate. - jim
BMartin914
sorry but...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Buy your Ins. from a collector car Ins. Company. Do your do diligence, appraisal,for REPLACEMENT VALUE,send Pictures of all 4 sides, copies of all documentation. Think what would it cost to find and replace with another of the same Mileage and condition? You couldn't! I have a 73 ,i bought in 2000 ,body was restored in 1996 to perfect condition. Replaced to many mechanicals to list here between then and now, New engine last year. I have a statement from local foreign expert for replacement value in 2000 for $25,000,I carry $20,000 on it. Just don't under value your 914, better to have to much than to little. Some may take issue with this post but this is my 2 cents. Dave slap.gif
jimkelly
I agree 100% - Jim

QUOTE(BarberDave @ Dec 3 2006, 09:01 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif
Buy your Ins. from a collector car Ins. Company. Do your do diligence, appraisal,for REPLACEMENT VALUE,send Pictures of all 4 sides, copies of all documentation. Think what would it cost to find and replace with another of the same Mileage and condition? You couldn't! I have a 73 ,i bought in 2000 ,body was restored in 1996 to perfect condition. Replaced to many mechanicals to list here between then and now, New engine last year. I have a statement from local foreign expert for replacement value in 2000 for $25,000,I carry $20,000 on it. Just don't under value your 914, better to have to much than to little. Some may take issue with this post but this is my 2 cents. Dave slap.gif

scotty b
You cannot be believed until pictures have been produced biggrin.gif Check out this car for a better idea of your cars werth. This is a 74 2.0 but has a similar condition and mileage. Your car in my opinion shouldn't be far off from this price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...1QQcmdZViewItem
Mhead
Searching for pictures...It's dark green,original paint, I think that there are very few examples this color. Will post as soon as I find them.

Thanks for all your replies.

Just drove the refurbed, white one home this afternoon...been six years since I've driven one of these...ran great...but boy I felt small driving down the hignway with all those SUVs blowing by me...
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

This is a after thought,to my orginal Ans.

If we under value our 914's,they will never be anything but the Red Headed Step Child of the Porsche family. Now I'll get off my soap box! Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.