Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New Member, New Member saying Hello!
marc_hines
post Nov 13 2003, 11:58 PM
Post #1

Anal Software Engineer

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,341

Howdy all!

I've been 'lurking' for a bit - but now I'm registered and ready to participate.

I aquired a 1975 914 (2.0 - yellow) a few weeks agos. I had in mind an earlier year vehicle - but this vehicle was so clean that I could not pass it up. It has about 75,000 miles on the body, and about 3,000 miles on a rebuilt engine.

The interior paint is original, while the exterior paint is an exact match of the original.

It does have a few flaws (no surprise).

(1) No original keys - and the copies that came with the vehicle were of the Valet key - so I cannot lock the dash or rear trunk (I got a full set of locks and original keys on ebay already, so I'll swap them out soon).

(2) PO lowered the vehicle by cutting the rear spring - which then clunked when the car was driven and and made the strut bolt sit too high in the rear trunk which made the targa top rub against the bottom of the trunk when stored there. The folks at Stuttgart Autotech in Lake Oswego are mending this now (with another 914 club members help at finding replacment spring perches).

(3) Drivers seatbelt does not retact well. So, I get a set from Automobile Atlanta VIA ebay for $172. The sent me two drivier side setbelts - not one of each. I'm working on getting that corrected (so far I am not impressed with them - they have yet to 'not mess up' my orders with them).

(4) Dash pad has cracks and is faded.

It's fun to drive - I am looking forward to refreshing the interior and then enjoying the spring, summer and fall tooling about in it.

Marc...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:50 PM