Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Which class is the most competetive, GT2, GT3, EP
Brett W
post Dec 6 2006, 10:27 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,169
Region Association: None

I have a customer looking at running a 914-6 in something. He is looking at GT2, GT3, and EP. I laid out the numbers as to what is possible. Under production rules i doubt the 2.0-6 can make more than 220HP. Under GT3 rules, I doubt the 2.0 could make more than 230-240hp. With GT2 there is the option of a bigger engine or possibly a water cooled engine if he runs a restrictor. The problem with GT2 is the indefinite future. GT3 has its own issues, the competetion is making 265-280HP at close to 2180lbs. EP has some potential but it is still down in power from the competition. The honda prelude can make an an easy 240, the miatas are probaly close to that, same with the 240s. Now Eric proved the 914 can win in EP, but not necessarily through sheer power. More of driver skill and competitor attrition. Since the teener won a couple of years ago, SCCA probably wouldn't allow much more in "competetion improvement".
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:08 AM