Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> V-8 Clutch Pedal # 6, Or is #7
drive-ability
post Dec 10 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,782

(IMG:http://members.cox.net/stdotjohn/Clutch%20Pedal%201.600.jpg)

I decided to make it with some real leverage. I have a 1- 1/8" clutch master and if anyone has ever tried pushing one of these down in a V8 car knows its not really possible. You may be able to do it for a while but sooner or later something will brake, like your leg! The advantage is a shorter throw, so I built a strong pedal Assembly and got the two pivots withing 3/4 of an inch apart. The result is an easy pedal with a shorter throw. The picture is the first design pivot, I made one closer and is now in the car. Slowly I am fine tuning this thing and its really becoming a great driver. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Dec 10 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #2

one more

(IMG:http://members.cox.net/stdotjohn/Clutch%20Pedal%202.600.jpg)
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Dec 11 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 623

That looks like a great idea to lesson effort on your left leg. I know what you are going through! It looks beefy.

Bill
+Quote Post
drive-ability
post Dec 11 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(wbergtho @ Dec 11 2006, 06:17 AM) *

That looks like a great idea to lesson effort on your left leg. I know what you are going through! It looks beefy.

Bill

Bill,
When I first got this clutch master I installed it in a standard 6-1 or so pedal unit at first I really thought it was locked up. I pushed on the pedal and it didn't budge. Once I realized it wasn't locked up I attempted to drive the car. As I depressed the clutch I would end up pushing myself up out of the seat. I did get the hang of it and drove out for a spin after about 15 minutes and a dozen or so shifts my leg began to fail. Really! I wasn't sure I could get the car back.
Well, now since the two pivots have been changed the effort is less than with the old 3/4 master. I know I have gone through a lot of designs but I think this is going to stay. Well until I can design a electric one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 08:47 AM