Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V-8 Clutch Pedal # 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
IPB Image

I decided to make it with some real leverage. I have a 1- 1/8" clutch master and if anyone has ever tried pushing one of these down in a V8 car knows its not really possible. You may be able to do it for a while but sooner or later something will brake, like your leg! The advantage is a shorter throw, so I built a strong pedal Assembly and got the two pivots withing 3/4 of an inch apart. The result is an easy pedal with a shorter throw. The picture is the first design pivot, I made one closer and is now in the car. Slowly I am fine tuning this thing and its really becoming a great driver. clap56.gif
drive-ability
one more

IPB Image
wbergtho
That looks like a great idea to lesson effort on your left leg. I know what you are going through! It looks beefy.

Bill
drive-ability
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Dec 11 2006, 06:17 AM) *

That looks like a great idea to lesson effort on your left leg. I know what you are going through! It looks beefy.

Bill

Bill,
When I first got this clutch master I installed it in a standard 6-1 or so pedal unit at first I really thought it was locked up. I pushed on the pedal and it didn't budge. Once I realized it wasn't locked up I attempted to drive the car. As I depressed the clutch I would end up pushing myself up out of the seat. I did get the hang of it and drove out for a spin after about 15 minutes and a dozen or so shifts my leg began to fail. Really! I wasn't sure I could get the car back.
Well, now since the two pivots have been changed the effort is less than with the old 3/4 master. I know I have gone through a lot of designs but I think this is going to stay. Well until I can design a electric one driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.